Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I have a lot of Apple devices (QTY 2 MacBook, Mac Mini, QTY 3 iPads, QTY 2 iPhones, QTY 5 Apple TVs, QTY 3 Apple Watch)

I have a lot of Apple headphones... one pair of headphones I only ever use or want to use with my Apple Watch Ultra. I use those headphones (Beats Pro) to listen to music when working out. I don't connect them to other devices.

The Beats though frequently (usually) will connect to a device OTHER than my watch, even if the watch is a foot away and in use and the other devices are 20-40 feet away.

I've gone into my various other devices and changed the BT settings to NOT automatically connect the Beats, the only other option is "When Last connected"....

I can't just remove the pairing from the other devices since that will remove it from ALL devices.

It is mind boggling to me that this is as bad as it is.

Apple should have a setting that simply says "prefer this device" so that the headphones will switch connection to the priority device whenever it is available.

Not sure about other people's experience but I am beyond frustrated with how terribly this works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.