Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asw000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2006
has anyone else noticed this?

apple stopped selling digital cameras at NYC's 5th ave and Soho stores.

what do you make of this? are other stores following suit?

-a-

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
we should all drop everything we're doing and run out and buy all the digital cameras we can find, because they're obviously not going to be made by anyone, anywhere, ever again. ;)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
asw000 said:
has anyone else noticed this?

apple stopped selling digital cameras at NYC's 5th ave and Soho stores.

what do you make of this? are other stores following suit?

-a-

Huh? So? Frankly, I wouldn't even consider buying a camera at the Apple store anyway, so what's the big deal? I want to buy a camera, I head to my local camera shop. I want to buy a new Apple computer or iPod, I head to my local Apple store even though my local camera shop is also an authorized Apple reseller.

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
The nice thing of the apple stores having cameras was that if a potential switcher showed up they could see that they can get a decent mac compatible camera as well, but i guess most cameras work with the mac os so no need to "advertise" it anymore.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
so what have they got in the place of them then? a big sign saying "doesn't matter what camera you get, they just work" or something?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
EricNau said:
Cool... Apple is gonna come out with the "iCamera."

I suspect a release next Tuesday along side with the iPhone. ;)

Excellent! Now we can all waste our our next ten Tuesdays loading The Apple Store every six seconds to see if it has gone down to make the new iCamera available. Silly me, I thought that after the introduction of the MacBook, our Tuesdays were now empty voids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.