Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
Has anyone been charged with respect to the first monthly installment for IUP through Apple? All I’ve been charged for is the tax for my order and a 13th installment on my previous iPhone 14 Pro ($54.08)

A contacted Citizens and they said they will will refund the 13th payment but it did not show anything regarding the first payment with Apple for my new iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I contacted Apple and they were clueless and the best they said was I will get it charged the $58.25 tomorrow when the phone is actually delivered?

I attached the Web Order email explaining the 2 charges (attached).

I didn’t attach my line item invoice that says $58.28 will be subtracted on shipment (not attached)

EDIT - Resolved got billed this evening!

IMG_1259.jpeg
IMG_1261.jpeg
IMG_1262.jpeg

Last edited:

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I would wait till tomorrow the charge for the first month. As long as you got charged the sales tax you should be fine

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I agree with the other poster, I'm pretty sure that I'm normally charged on launch day or the day after for the first payment. I don't think there is a problem. I was charged the sales tax last Friday and that's all so far.

I'm glad to hear that Citizens said they would refund the 13th charge. I haven't contacted them yet, I wonder if we have to call or if it's going to be an automatic thing? Did they seem to the willing to refund it or did you have to twist their arm?

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I agree with the other poster, I'm pretty sure that I'm normally charged on launch day or the day after for the first payment. I don't think there is a problem. I was charged the sales tax last Friday and that's all so far.

I'm glad to hear that Citizens said they would refund the 13th charge. I haven't contacted them yet, I wonder if we have to call or if it's going to be an automatic thing? Did they seem to the willing to refund it or did you have to twist their arm?
You could contact for ease of mind but it’s generally automatic. I had this happen last time i was charged the 13th payment and they refunded me without having me to contact anyone.

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO

Citizens said they would automatically refund and close out the loan within 3-5 business days after Apple reports the return of the IUP phone. Super nice about it and said yeah we don’t owe a 13th payment if your doing the IUP.

Yeah I couldn’t remember how Apple handled the first IUP charge. I picked it up in person last year and held onto my old Pro Max for two years before that.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Wait after you get new phone. Then make sure Apple gets previous phone back within days to close out that loan. I’m picking up 15PM tomorrow at Apple Store. Then going on Sunday to drop off 14PM.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
Citizens said they would automatically refund and close out the loan within 3-5 business days after Apple reports the return of the IUP phone. Super nice about it and said yeah we don’t owe a 13th payment if your doing the IUP.

Yeah I couldn’t remember how Apple handled the first IUP charge. I picked it up in person last year and held onto my old Pro Max for two years before that.
Thank you! I think we've dealt with the 13th payment before but I can't remember how it went.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.