Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
My Apple TV+ trial is ending this month. Is there a sign that Apple will extend it again? It's poor timing as apparently now the Apple TV app is available on my Xiaomi Mi box Android TV, and I just happened to browse and watched the first episode of blind Aquaman (See). :D Would be nice for some extension of the trial.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
No, there won't be an extension.
But if you have a PlayStation5 you can get additional 6 Months.
? I guess Apple is content with the current subscriber number. Oh well.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Sounds like sour grapes to me... and free trial "subscriptions" count for nothing in any marketing survey anywhere in the world...
Who wants sour grapes? ?
Anyway, what’s wrong with asking? I have cancelled mine anyway to prevent charges. :p

Reactions: ackmondual

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Who wants sour grapes? 😁
Anyway, what’s wrong with asking? I have cancelled mine anyway to prevent charges. :p

He was responding to a statement ("I guess Apple is content with the current subscriber number. Oh well."), not a question ;) Like others said, what's the point of a non-paying subscriber? LOL! The whole point of free trials is to get you to become a paying subscriber if you like the content.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

deksawyer

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2020
Fife, Scotland
What happens when you buy a new mac near the end of the 1st free year from previous mac purchase - can the newer mac extend the original trial?

To make the question a bit clearer, I bought a Mac Mini in Sept 2020, then started the years free subscription.

I then bought a Macbook Air in June 2021. I'd assumed that would somehow flag on Apples side and extend the subscription until June 2022.

Is this somehow possible?

cheers

D.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
What happens when you buy a new mac near the end of the 1st free year from previous mac purchase - can the newer mac extend the original trial?

To make the question a bit clearer, I bought a Mac Mini in Sept 2020, then started the years free subscription.

I then bought a Macbook Air in June 2021. I'd assumed that would somehow flag on Apples side and extend the subscription until June 2022.

Is this somehow possible?

cheers

D.
Funny that would make that assumption without reading the offer details. No, the terms and conditions specify one trial per family regardless of how many devices you buy. Read footnote 1 on this page:

Also here:

Last edited:

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I feel it was a pretty generous trial and extension while they got up and running, and that $5/month is a good price for the current content.
Yeah, I'm set to redeem my aTV+ trial. Not sure if I'll be able to get through everything in 3 months time. I should with the assumption that aTV has less content than its competitors. Other differences to make getting through things quicker is: 1) I cancelled many other SS so that I only have to focus on 1.5 of them at a time, and 2) aTV has no commercials, which already makes it a much more pleasant experience.

If not, I'll add another month or 2 to wrap things up as needed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.