Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
an official announcement would be nice, as it would give answers to who is eligble for upgrade pricing etc...

arn

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I hope it is this Wednesday, as I'd rather be anticipating actually getting Panther on a certain date, rather than waiting to find out when it even will be released.

Can't wait.....Panther will rock. :)

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
What happened to Tuesdays as a day for announcements?
So far this year, only iMac was not announced on Tuesday. :D

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by tutubibi
What happened to Tuesdays as a day for announcements?
So far this year, only iMac was not announced on Tuesday. :D

um no, this year a lot more things were announced on a tuesday. Remember at the beginning of this year when there went about 4 straight tuesdays with something being updated. The only thing I remember for sure was the powermac 1.42, because its what I have and i ordered it the day it came out.

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
Originally posted by synthetickittie
um no, this year a lot more things were announced on a tuesday. Remember at the beginning of this year when there went about 4 straight tuesdays with something being updated. The only thing I remember for sure was the powermac 1.42, because its what I have and i ordered it the day it came out.

That's what I said. Only the latest iMac was not announced on Tuesday.

I hope we will once again have 4 straight announcements, to kick off holiday season shopping. I think we can expect:

- Panther
- updated iBook
- updated eMac
- updated xServe

Maybe some iPod peripheral too :cool:

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
What I think Apple will do is release it on the 30th of October because we all know they love those cute release dates. Wasn't Jaguar release last year at 10:20 at night (or something like that....all I know was I was in line by 9)?

It wouldn't surprise me....

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
maybe you people with the G5 cards can get the information before us regular people:)

hopefully it will start at 10:30 for the novelty effect;)

i can just imagine it now...
Be here at your local Apple Store on 10/30 at 10:30 pm for thew official release of Panther:)

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
I got money riding on G5 owners not gettng a free upgrade. My G5 shipped on Sept 22nd, and I'm positive I'm not getting a free upgrade (other than my ADC).

JoeRadar

macrumors regular
May 28, 2003
10.3.0 on 10/30

As many people have pointed out, Apple missed the 10/3 release for 10.3, so maybe we should add another decimal in the release number to re-sychnronize the date:

10.3.0 on 10/30 :rolleyes:

No, it isn't as clean. And yes, it primarily only works in the US. Oh well...

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
quote:
Originally posted by GrannySmith_G5
will panther make my buttocks beefier

Originally posted by paulwhannel
Indeed. It's listed as one of the primary features. I'm quite excited about it, truth be told.

pnw

Heh, I wonder if it'd make my...nevermind... :D

GrannySmith_G5

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2003
oith
Is there any need to preorder once it's announced? I should be able to go to my local Apple store the day or day after it's released right? I also heard they only take Educational discounts on hardware in the Apple stores. I thought that was weird.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Originally posted by GrannySmith_G5
Is there any need to preorder once it's announced? I should be able to go to my local Apple store the day or day after it's released right? I also heard they only take Educational discounts on hardware in the Apple stores. I thought that was weird.

You can do the discounts online from Apple, too.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
this would be good news, indeed. of course, now that i am at school i would have to go to the mall of america store which, of course, will be closed for remodeling at that time. grrrr

coumerelli

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2003
state of confusion.
Don't forget...

Originally posted by baby duck monge
this would be good news, indeed. of course, now that i am at school i would have to go to the mall of america store which, of course, will be closed for remodeling at that time. grrrr

:eek: You're lucky enough to have ANOTHER Apple store about ten miles down the road to go to. Here in Madison, WI, I go to Milwaukee or Schaumburg, IL - at least 1 1/4 hours. :(

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
maybe you people with the G5 cards can get the information before us regular people:)

hopefully it will start at 10:30 for the novelty effect;)

i can just imagine it now...
Be here at your local Apple Store on 10/30 at 10:30 pm for thew official release of Panther:)

personally I think this is a bad precedent to set. What will we do for 10.4.0? ;)

necrosmithx

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2003
Dammit..

Took delivery of my new 15" AluBook *TODAY*. Sure would be nice to get a free copy of panther since I just bought the computer.

Damn..these keys feel sexay...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.