Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I just updated to iOS 8.1 and can't seem to find anything relating to Apple Pay anywhere on the phone, even after following the guide currently on the front page of Macrumors.

I'm currently just barely across the border of Canada for 12 hours on a music tour for a quick show - even though my phone, Apple accounts, and carrier is USA, could my short time over the border be preventing me from seeing it?

Thanks!

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
So you don't have this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413833408.411262.jpg

aurelien75017

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Same issue for me with my iPhone 6 on Verizon. Updated to iOS 8.1 earlier. Phone shows the update was OK (build is 12B411) and I found my Camera Roll back.

however, I don't see Apple Pay in Settings like you show in the picture. When I launch Passbook, then tap on the + on the top right corner, I don't see the split screen with credit card info on top. I only have the boarding passes/retail coupons, etc part of the screen, like I had before updating.

Just checked, my appleID and iCloud ID are registered in the US, am in the US right now.

Anyone has any clue as to what could be happening ?
thanks

fs454

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Same issue for me with my iPhone 6 on Verizon. Updated to iOS 8.1 earlier. Phone shows the update was OK (build is 12B411) and I found my Camera Roll back.

however, I don't see Apple Pay in Settings like you show in the picture. When I launch Passbook, then tap on the + on the top right corner, I don't see the split screen with credit card info on top. I only have the boarding passes/retail coupons, etc part of the screen, like I had before updating.

Just checked, my appleID and iCloud ID are registered in the US, am in the US right now.

Anyone has any clue as to what could be happening ?
thanks

This is exactly how I see my Passbook too. Just the boarding passes / coupon part.

So you don't have this:

View attachment 506704

Nope, it ends at iTunes and app store.

Strange.

devsfan1830

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2011
VA
Go to passbook and hit the + sign as if you were manually adding a pass. It should give you the option to set up apple pay.

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
i am located in the US and my iTunes account it linked to a US address and after the 8.1 update, i don't have the option to add a credit card in the passbook app or have the "passbook apple pay" option in settings.

Reactions: Shweeby

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
i am located in the US and my iTunes account it linked to a US address and after the 8.1 update, i don't have the option to add a credit card in the passbook app or have the "passbook apple pay" option in settings.

On a 5s, 6, or 6 plus? Try resetting the phone by holding the home and power buttons down at the same time till the screen shuts off and the apple logo pops back up.

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
On a 5s, 6, or 6 plus? Try resetting the phone by holding the home and power buttons down at the same time till the screen shuts off and the apple logo pops back up.

cool that worked for me. this is on a iPhone 6. i first tried just a regular shut off and then turn back on but with no luck. thanks.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I am with 6plus and did clean restore via iTunes and restoring the iPhone -the same , no applepay

kilakev

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I was having the same problem. Go to Settings -> General -> Language & Region. Set it to United States. It shows up instantly after that.

Reactions: IshanG97

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I was having the same problem. Go to Settings -> General -> Language & Region. Set it to United States. It shows up instantly after that.

It works. I am in Bulgaria with Bulgarian iTunes account If change the region form the phone settings to USA ,the applepay appears I the passbook

Glevy

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Same thing happening to me. I have a US account, I'm in the US right now, updated iOS but no Apple Pay. I was just abroad though. Arrived yesterday from Hong Kong and Japan.. Maybe that has something to do with it

bookalon

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
Kells, Ireland
im in ireland, after changing my region to U.S it works for me also, i can see it.
but my card will not work and i get this error message

Attachments

• IMG_1432.PNG
    IMG_1432.PNG
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_1434.PNG
    IMG_1434.PNG
    91.6 KB · Views: 900

VVoolie

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
sorry, still no luck

I have followed everyone's suggestions, from rebooting, making sure I am registered in the U.S. (I am), and I still don't have anything in the settings or elsewhere allowing me to add apple pay.
I have a 6+ with 8.02OS and have no idea why this isn't working.

Thank you for those that posted screen shots. Those helped me ascertain that I am indeed missing icons in settings/general and in Passbook.

Frustrating.

kilakev

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I have followed everyone's suggestions, from rebooting, making sure I am registered in the U.S. (I am), and I still don't have anything in the settings or elsewhere allowing me to add apple pay.
I have a 6+ with 8.02OS and have no idea why this isn't working.

Thank you for those that posted screen shots. Those helped me ascertain that I am indeed missing icons in settings/general and in Passbook.

Frustrating.

It only got enabled in iOS 8.1 . Do a software update and it will work.

VVoolie

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
It only got enabled in iOS 8.1 . Do a software update and it will work.

I thought 8.02 WAS the update and 8.01 is going backwards?
(nevermind, just realized its 8.1, not 8.01
Thanks!

Last edited:

gbarrenha

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
After spending significant time with someone at Apple Chat I finally realized my Apple Pay was not working (no option showing in SETTINGS) or Passbook not working because my region was set to United Kingdom

Make sure your region is set to US as it is the only world region where Apple Pay works

jbmonheim

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Same problem here! I bought my iPhone 6 through AT&T in the United States.
I have never even left the country. I am updated to 8.1 and ensured that my region reads "United States", yet my Passbook has no ApplePay options, no plus sign in the top right, and no "Passbook and ApplePay" option in settings.

As far as my new sparkly iPhone 6 is concerned it has never heard of ApplePay. Someone has to have the answers!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.