Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Is anyone else about to scream with the new Apple Pencil Pro and GoodNotes? When I try to write on my digital grade book my letters and numbers are all different thicknesses. I have attempted to change writing utensils and it’s not helping. I feel like the Apple Pencil Pro isn’t as precise as the second gen. Anyone have the USB-C version? Have you noticed if that model is having the same issues with the M4 iPad Pro? Anyone have suggestions?

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I just checked and it is not doing that to me. If you hold on the pen tool (in the app), you can change between fountain, ball point and brush. There is also a toggle for pen rotation. Maybe one of those things will help you?

Reactions: asleep

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
I just checked and it is not doing that to me. If you hold on the pen tool (in the app), you can change between fountain, ball point and brush. There is also a toggle for pen rotation. Maybe one of those things will help you?
Thank you for this! I had to increase the “tip sharpness” on the pen tool. So far, that seems to have done the trick. Now if I can only get used to the squeeze feature constantly popping up the pallet!

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
There is a setting for that to increase or decrease the sensitivity to pop that up.
Thank you! I found that on day one. Although I have turned the sensitivity all the way down, it still pops up a lot. I think it is just a matter of getting used to it like when they introduced the double tap on the Apple Pencil 2!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.