Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandler77

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
HOME SHARING - still broken. So sad. As soon as Apple split the iTunes app into TV/Music, this has been plagued ever since. No fix with tvOS 17.5.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I just wish they would improve the UI and make it easier to use, and fix bugs.
The only exciting thing I would like to see regarding AppleTV is an actual Apple TV, rather than a box. All TVs sold now are smart anyway, so it is a pretty redundant product for most consumers.

I don’t see this ever happening. The slim profit margins on televisions is simply not something Apple will live with. Then there’s the issue of stocking various screen sizes. It just doesn’t make sense.

kirbalo

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2022
iPadOS 17.5 fixed the issue/bug that they introduced in 17.4x where my Sony Bravia Remote lost the ability to control AppleTV

Reactions: Crow_Servo

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
AppleTV should have a split screen feature like ipadOS, where you hold a certain way on an open app and snap it and then snap another beside it, then you can like, whatever..play Angry Birds on one side and have X-Files on the other. And yes I understand it has PiP but that's different and the app designer has to add that feature. This should be a way apple can force a split screen on it's own device.

TruthAboveAllElse

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2023
I don’t see this ever happening. The slim profit margins on televisions is simply not something Apple will live with. Then there’s the issue of stocking various screen sizes. It just doesn’t make sense.
If they did do it, it would be expensive, and come in probably 2 screen sizes at most. But I understand that is is not a sector that Apple would typically find worthwhile given the slim profit margins. I almost mentioned that in my post, but didn't really see the point of mentioning it. It is still something I would like to see.
Another thing they could do is partner with a TV manufacturer and include tvOS with their TVs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.