Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 10.5, the fifth update to the watchOS 10 operating system that came out in September. watchOS 10.5 is available two months after watchOS 10.4, a bug fix update.

2024-Apple-Watch-Pride-Face-Feature.jpg

‌‌watchOS 10‌‌‌.5 can be downloaded for free through the Apple Watch app on an iPhone running iOS 17 or later by opening it up and going to General & Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery and it needs to be placed on a charger.

While watchOS 10.5 is primarily a bug fix update, it does introduce a new Pride watch face to go along with the Pride band that Apple introduced earlier in May.
watchOS 10.5 includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including a new Pride Radiance watch face to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture.

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
For additional details on the features that are included in watchOS 10, we have a dedicated roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 10.5 With New Pride Watch Face

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
I think that band looks amazing, but that "bubble text" watch face looks like something out of an album cover from the early 2010s. 🙃

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
They finally fixed raised to wake. It's worked every time I tried it. Here's hoping this update doesn’t break it again.

I swear I'm waiting until 18.1/11.1 this time.

Edit: it works. Everything is nice and stable. Just in time for iOS 18.

Last edited:

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
10.4 is stable for me and battery life great.
I will updates my watches though likely later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Howard2k

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

If you would like to discuss the Pride watch face, please use the above linked thread in the Political News section.

No discussion of that topic will be allowed in this thread.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Stuck on verifying. Cool.

Edit: Yeesh. Took five restarts to finally get it working.

Last edited:

macpanzer

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
First update in 10.x which installs without hanging in the middle of the "Preparing" step 🤘

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
How about they just fix an actual issue - MAJOR battery drain ever since version 10. I have to force-reboot my watch even sometimes or it'll run out of battery pretty fast.

Watch OS 10.x has been a total mess.
Which series watch do you have? Make sure background app refresh is off. Battery life is definitely worse compared to WatchOS 9 but i am still able to get a day and half of battery life with my series 4 hermes 44m AW.

parameter

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2004
Arizona
Which series watch do you have? Make sure background app refresh is off. Battery life is definitely worse compared to WatchOS 9 but i am still able to get a day and half of battery life with my series 4 hermes 44m AW.
Thanks, but I have done all of that and even more. I have a series 9 that I've only had for about a year and a half. The battery lasted a long time under Watch OS 9, but immediately after updating to 10, things started to go downhill quickly.

Many others on here and elsewhere have said the same thing, so I know I'm not alone on this.

I see that I got thumbed-down on my post. I'm not necessarily saying to not do "fun" things. But I think it should definitely be much more of a priority for them to fix actual bugs that have been plaguing users rather than doing what the new Apple has been doing sadly for years, which is to keep adding features to things without fixing the bugs first, across all products and services and OSes.

Lozilou

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2024
My update hasn’t included the new pride watch face. Anyone else missing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

David1964

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks, but I have done all of that and even more. I have a series 9 that I've only had for about a year and a half. The battery lasted a long time under Watch OS 9, but immediately after updating to 10, things started to go downhill quickly.

Many others on here and elsewhere have said the same thing, so I know I'm not alone on this.

I see that I got thumbed-down on my post. I'm not necessarily saying to not do "fun" things. But I think it should definitely be much more of a priority for them to fix actual bugs that have been plaguing users rather than doing what the new Apple has been doing sadly for years, which is to keep adding features to things without fixing the bugs first, across all products and services and OSes.
Please tell me how you’ve had a Series 9 for a year and a half when it only came out last September?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.