Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrazedVW

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Sandston, Virginia
Anyone else had this happen and how was it resolved?

I did in-store trade-ins at the local Apple Store of my wife and I'd 13 Pro Maxes last month for new 15 Pro Maxes with the balance put on Apple Card monthly installments. I woke up this morning to a $615 charge on my Apple Card because they said they didn't receive my phone. (Nothing about my wife's phone though.) Apple Support isn't open yet so that will be my first call later this morning but I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this. The only documentation I have is the order confirmation emails showing I was doing in-store trade ins and my word that I watched the Apple Store employee slip our old phones in little envelopes and take them away when the transaction was complete. Any advice is appreciated.

Edit - Just got off the phone with the store manager. Turns out he was holding onto my phone and a few others that the trade-in hadn't been completed on and due to the way Apple handles privacy stuff they had no way to tell who they belonged to. (Kinda dumb really when the first rep I spoke with this morning was able to give me the serial of my trade-in so they clearly had a record of it.) I should see a refund in a couple days and lesson learned here - don't leave the Apple Store without receiving confirmation of the trade-in via the emailed receipt.)

Last edited:

Jay3197

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
When you do an instore trade in, Apple also sends you an email receipt. When I traded in two phones, I got two separate receipt’s, one per phone. Check that email folder for the trade in receipt !

CrazedVW

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Sandston, Virginia
When you do an instore trade in, Apple also sends you an email receipt. When I traded in two phones, I got two separate receipt’s, one per phone. Check that email folder for the trade in receipt !
I went back and looked after I spoke with Apple support just now when they opened. I only received the email receipt for my wife's phone. (I did separate transactions for both.) I didn't pay close attention to it at the time like I should have. I have to call the local Apple Store directly now when they open later in the morning.

judyg951

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
I just got the same email on both my returned phones late last night. I picked up the new phones on release day and returned the old ones to the store the next day. This was 7 months ago!!! I did get emails from Apple and from Citizen stating that my loans were closed after they were returned. Not sure if I still have the emails now. I'll call Apple once they open, but I'm so confused. Is this a spam email? How could this happen 7 months out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.