Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming tvOS 17.5 to developers for testing purposes, with the beta coming a week after the release of the third beta.

apple-tv-4k-green.jpg

Registered developers are able to download the tvOS 17.5 update by opting in to the beta through the Settings app on the Apple TV. A registered developer account is required.

tvOS software updates are often minor in scale compared to other operating system updates, focusing primarily on smaller improvements rather than outward-facing changes. We don't yet know what's included in tvOS 17.5.

Apple shares some information on tvOS releases in its tvOS support document, which is updated after each tvOS launch, but Apple does not provide notes during beta testing.

Though we don't always know what's new in tvOS betas, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download new software upon release.

A related HomePod software update 17.5 beta has also been seeded.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of tvOS 17.5 to Developers

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Mine has been stuck on the Verifying Update screen for about a 10-15 mins. Something is busted.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
for me it’s been like this for 2 hours ☹️ View attachment 2373399
That should be a short time installing as it already did the download and prep. After you tell it to install the first thing it does is verify before it installs. If it got stuck it's like it lost internet connectivity with Apple server involved to verify CEC. I would think if it didn't start to install you can interrupt it.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
That should be a short time installing as it already did the download and prep. After you tell it to install the first thing it does is verify before it installs. If it got stuck it's like it lost internet connectivity with Apple server involved to verify CEC. I would think if it didn't start to install you can interrupt it.
Pulled the power and powered back up. Did the install again and it went right thru.

tim.rand

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2010
Has anyone noticed (at least on earlier betas) that when playing back through an HDMI connected receiver that there is a substantial drop in audio volume for AppleTV+ programs? My receiver tags it at about 20 db.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.