Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fx1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
Birmingham, UK
Hello, my dad just ordered an iPhone 12 Pro Max for me using Apple finance. My question is: will Apple allow me to pick up using my identification because my dad is on holidays; therefore, he is unavailable.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I didn’t do in store pickup this time, but from the last time I did an in store pickup I can tell you that apple definitely checked my ID. As long as your name matches the name on the order (which I think it would, since he used your apple ID) then you should be good. If the order was in his name then you won’t be able to do the pickup.

If the names don’t match then he may be able to call apple and add a different pickup name.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
He used my apple id even the barcode is saved in my current phone. There wasn't an option to set a pickup person.
If that's the case I think you should be fine if he used your Apple ID, as long as he put your name.

LongWayHome

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
Just take your ID and you should be fine. As long as you both have the same last name they will let you take it. My wife has picked up things that I have ordered in my name and she was asked for her ID and they gave her the device without any trouble. As long as you have the order receipt on your phone you'll be fine.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
They do check id's ion almost everything. I took my 12 pro max back to the Apple retail store yesterday and they wanted the Order number, proof of purchase and ID

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
They do check id's ion almost everything. I took my 12 pro max back to the Apple retail store yesterday and they wanted the Order number, proof of purchase and ID
Interesting for return because they never asked for an ID for my returns. They didn't even need to ask for my order number or proof of purchase. The device they have can scan your serial number and that will pull up the order number.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
12 Pro Apple store pickup data point:

Make sure you have your Apple Store order QR code available for scanning, then use your ID (they will check name and address).

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Interesting for return because they never asked for an ID for my returns. They didn't even need to ask for my order number or proof of purchase. The device they have can scan your serial number and that will pull up the order number.
That might be because its front of store pick up only. UK lockdown

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
That might be because its front of store pick up only. UK lockdown
Well depends and where you live. Here in US and where I am they never ask for an ID when you return a product. They ask when it was purchased but don’t generally ask for a proof as they can actually scan the serial number and all the info is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.