Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
One quick question for those who own a Studio Display and maybe found a way to work with both a windows pc and a mac.
Is there some thunderbolt switch (or equivalent) by which one can connect both the windows pc and the mac to the studio display without continuously detaching/attaching cables?

BONUS question:
In your opinion, will we see an OLED studio display anytime soon?
I use cabledeconn usb-c switch with XDR

Works well

Reactions: mikeboss

gabicava83

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Been using the screen for over a week. I bought three, however only setup the one to test it out so far.

In general, I like it, it is nice and clear (very sharp) Looks good, I like the screen being glossy believe it or not and aesthetically it looks great.

I go on conference calls quite a bit, I have noticed that the audio in general is good my side however lots of people are complaining about the mic not being great, sounding very tiny. When I change the mic to the MBP 16" M1 Max, it sounds a lot better for them (no obstructions).

Additionally, from different people, they have asked me what has happened to my camera, as in the quality has deteriorated and is very laggy. Again, when I change to the MBP, they state it is miles better.

All in all, I am rather pleased even though I have to change the way the mics work by default, change the camera (not essential but still a nice thing).

Sadly, I am torn if to keep them or not, I think for the £4600+ investment, I am not sure it is worth it for me.

Sad times :(

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Been using the screen for over a week. I bought three, however only setup the one to test it out so far.

In general, I like it, it is nice and clear (very sharp) Looks good, I like the screen being glossy believe it or not and aesthetically it looks great.

I go on conference calls quite a bit, I have noticed that the audio in general is good my side however lots of people are complaining about the mic not being great, sounding very tiny. When I change the mic to the MBP 16" M1 Max, it sounds a lot better for them (no obstructions).

Additionally, from different people, they have asked me what has happened to my camera, as in the quality has deteriorated and is very laggy. Again, when I change to the MBP, they state it is miles better.

All in all, I am rather pleased even though I have to change the way the mics work by default, change the camera (not essential but still a nice thing).

Sadly, I am torn if to keep them or not, I think for the £4600+ investment, I am not sure it is worth it for me.

Sad times :(
I know people rag on the ASD's camera, but I've never heard anyone describe it as "laggy."

Perhaps people are seeing the Center Stage effect and thinking it's buffering of some kind? You can turn that off and manual center/zoom the image. See if that helps.

I use my ASD's camera for Zoom & WebEx all the time and not once has anyone at the other end complained or commented on the image quality, nor have they commented on microphone quality, though that could be unique to your room's environment. And about that -- test the microphone by recording yourself and listen to the playback. Perhaps somehow yours is defective. Just a thought.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I use my ASD's camera for Zoom & WebEx all the time and not once has anyone at the other end complained or commented on the image quality, nor have they commented on microphone quality, though that could be unique to your room's environment. And about that -- test the microphone by recording yourself and listen to the playback. Perhaps somehow yours is defective. Just a thought.
Same here. I do a few Zoom/Google Meet sessions a month and don't have that. The image quality is definitely better if I use continuity camera with my iPhone, but not one cares if I don't.

Reactions: ascender

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Same here. I do a few Zoom/Google Meet sessions a month and don't have that. The image quality is definitely better if I use continuity camera with my iPhone, but not one cares if I don't.
I’ve been using ASD cameras since launch for multiple video calls a day on Zoom, Teams, WebEx, Slack and Google without any issues or negative comments. Even now, the quality of the camera looks as good as, if not better than the majority of others.

I suspect that’s the same in a lot of corporate environments where the priority is just to have everyone on camera - to be able to be seen and heard clearly - and image quality is very much secondary for day to day stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.