Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Seems like an ideal scenario that would bring a lot of new added value to AppleTV. I'm with you in hoping they show up on AppleTV too.

In the meantime, anyone with a PC and a Nvidia graphics card should check out the free AppleTV Moonlight app, which effectively streams anything on PC through AppleTV to TV. One can do the emulation and AAA galore gaming on the PC- even in some distant room on the network- but enjoy it through AppleTV that way (very much like streaming a movie from a hard drive stored elsewhere in the home). Some great games I've opted to purchase in PC stores have no problem at all playing through AppleTV on my TV. PCs already have ALL of the emulators and just about all of the AAA games too. It "just works" very, very well.

Last edited:

Jhonjhon236

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2022
Seems like an ideal scenario that would bring a lot of new added value to AppleTV. I'm with you in hoping they show up on AppleTV too.

In the meantime, anyone with a PC and a Nvidia graphics card should check out the free AppleTV Moonlight app, which effectively streams anything on PC through AppleTV to TV. One can do the emulation and AAA galore gaming on the PC- even in some distant room on the network- but enjoy it through AppleTV that way (very much like streaming a movie from a hard drive stored elsewhere in the home). Some great games I've opted to purchase in PC stores have no problem at all playing through AppleTV on my TV. PCs already have ALL of the emulators and just about all of the AAA games too. It "just works" very, very well.
How’s the latency? Is it as bad as AirPlay?

JSDK

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2024
The Provenance emulator is coming to Apple TV. The developer behind it has announced it, and more will probably come.

I myself use OpenEmu, and do screen sharing from my MacBook to my Apple TVs. It's a tiny bit of lag on inputs from my controller, but I've gotten used to it. Didn't think it would ruin anything for me.

gonidog

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2017
With Delta, you can mirror your iPhone to the Apple TV. It works with bluetooth controller. So far, based on the age of the games I have played, there is minimal lag.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
The Provenance emulator is coming to Apple TV. The developer behind it has announced it, and more will probably come.

I myself use OpenEmu, and do screen sharing from my MacBook to my Apple TVs. It's a tiny bit of lag on inputs from my controller, but I've gotten used to it. Didn't think it would ruin anything for me.
Yes is coming

Does this have anything to do with the Apple TV app?

Baron Thompson

macrumors member
May 8, 2020
My controllers for the Apple TV are ready to go once this emulator is released. The games on the App Store are never updated. Huntdown was the last decent game released for the Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.