Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Yes, if your conscience allows, which unfortunately it will for a few people :confused:
Yes. The people who commit fraud think that they’re screwing over Apple therefore it’s justified.

They aren’t though as Apple ensure they make a margin from AC+ regardless of how many phones have to be repaired or replaced. Those people are simply screwing over fellow Apple customers as they are pushing AC+ premiums higher.

That’s one reason I’d never purchase AC+. There are too many dishonest and untrustworthy people who take advantage if it.

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
Yes. The people who commit fraud think that they’re screwing over Apple therefore it’s justified.

They aren’t though as Apple ensure they make a margin from AC+ regardless of how many phones have to be repaired or replaced. Those people are simply screwing over fellow Apple customers as they are pushing AC+ premiums higher.

That’s one reason I’d never purchase AC+. There are too many dishonest and untrustworthy people who take advantage if it.
The premiums haven’t gone up in years and the accident threshold went up from 2/yr to unlimited so that clearly proves your theory wrong.

Apple’s clearly making enough profits from AC+ that they don’t feel the need make up for a few scammers.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
The premiums haven’t gone up in years and the accident threshold went up from 2/yr to unlimited so that clearly proves your theory wrong.

Apple’s clearly making enough profits from AC+ that they don’t feel the need make up for a few scammers.
There’s always been scammers so your theory is wrong. There just hasn’t been a notable increase in them over the years. If there were no scammers the premiums would be lower. That’s how insurance works, lol.

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
There’s always been scammers so your theory is wrong. There just hasn’t been a notable increase in them over the years. If there were no scammers the premiums would be lower. That’s how insurance works, lol.
Thanks for entering enlightening me about the insurance. But you missed my point.
I said there hasn’t been any increase, noticeable or otherwise, in scammers recently that Apple found the need to increase the premiums. Instead the trend seems to be pointing the other way considering how Apple upped the number of claims to unlimited. If the scams had been on the rise they’d have reduced the claims per year or increased the price of AC+.

It’s not like your auto insurance where the premiums are tailored to each individual based on various factors. And just like any big corporation Apple wouldn’t like to reduce the price per se which would cut into their profits but instead make it seem like a better deal by incentivizing in other ways where they don’t stand to lose their revenue like unlimited claims.

Hope I helped.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Thanks for entering enlightening me about the insurance. But you missed my point.
I said there hasn’t been any increase, noticeable or otherwise, in scammers recently that Apple found the need to increase the premiums. Instead the trend seems to be pointing the other way considering how Apple upped the number of claims to unlimited. If the scams had been on the rise they’d have reduced the claims per year or increased the price of AC+.

It’s not like your auto insurance where the premiums are tailored to each individual based on various factors. And just like any big corporation Apple wouldn’t like to reduce the price per se which would cut into their profits but instead make it seem like a better deal by incentivizing in other ways where they don’t stand to lose their revenue like unlimited claims.

Hope I helped.
Well the newer phones (iPhone 15 series) are much more repairable now than previous versions due to their design.

This has resulted in cheaper repairs which can explain why Apple have increased their claims to unlimited.

My point still stands that if there weren’t scammers, premiums would be FAR lower.

You have to remember that AC+ for an iPhone 15 is £143.88 per year. That’s only 25% lower than what I pay for my yearly car insurance premium. That’s a lot for a phone!

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
i have a case, screen protector, and apple care+

i haven't had to use ac+ yet with my iphone but my case + screen protector are to thank for that. take that for what you will but i like to have ac+ just incase it has a nasty accident. also i have theft/loss ac+ so that's good.

more than a few times i've dropped my phone and the case/screen protector done its job. i paid only £25-30 for them and that's about what i'd have to pay excess for ac+. totally worth it. insurance is for peace of mind and my thinking is that even if you don't need use it then it's worth having anyway.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
For iPhone 15, do they repair the phone or replace with a refurbished one like iPad Pro?

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
Well the newer phones (iPhone 15 series) are much more repairable now than previous versions due to their design.

This has resulted in cheaper repairs which can explain why Apple have increased their claims to unlimited.

My point still stands that if there weren’t scammers, premiums would be FAR lower.

You have to remember that AC+ for an iPhone 15 is £143.88 per year. That’s only 25% lower than what I pay for my yearly car insurance premium. That’s a lot for a phone!
1. The unlimited claims was introduced a year before the iPhone 15 so it’s not related at all. Also the benefit was for older devices as well but you’re saying savings from a fraction of a small percentage of 15 series AC+ sales is expanded to everyone else? That only makes sense if you want to lose money.

2. I just explained it’s not like your auto insurance that keeps going down based on your driving history over time and yet you’re comparing it to one. They had their past data and future projections and priced it accordingly.

So your point may seem standing to you but laying down flat from where I am. It seems like you’re just trying to win an argument with irrelevant points so there’s nothing more else to add.

Your whole premise is that AC+ prices are going higher due to increased scams and they’re not. Unlike iPhone prices they stayed flat so that negates your point to begin with. The only thing you have on your side is that if there was negligible scammers they’d had started AC+ at lower price when they started.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
1. The unlimited claims was introduced a year before the iPhone 15 so it’s not related at all. Also the benefit was for older devices as well but you’re saying savings from a fraction of a small percentage of 15 series AC+ sales is expanded to everyone else? That only makes sense if you want to lose money.

2. I just explained it’s not like your auto insurance that keeps going down based on your driving history over time and yet you’re comparing it to one. They had their past data and future projections and priced it accordingly.

So your point may seem standing to you but laying down flat from where I am. It seems like you’re just trying to win an argument with irrelevant points so there’s nothing more else to add.

Your whole premise is that AC+ prices are going higher due to increased scams and they’re not. Unlike iPhone prices they stayed flat so that negates your point to begin with. The only thing you have on your side is that if there was negligible scammers they’d had started AC+ at lower price when they started.
I’ve never claimed that there is an increased number of scammers in 2024 compared to 2011. There is probably the same % of scammers now than there was back then.

Again, AC+ and car insurance or even building contents insurance is all relative despite there not being no claims benefits for AC+ users. What I am saying is that AC+ is very expensive RELATIVE to all other types of insurance up to the point that I do not consider it value for money.

No one here will know the true effect scammers have on the price of AC+ as it was likely built into the original calculations back in 2011. We also don’t know what the profit margins are on AC+ which renders our entire discussion pointless.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
If you get a case that has a finger loop on the back, you won’t need extra Apple insurance or a screen protector because it’s guaranteed you’ll never ever drop it. Impossible.

Check out Loopy Cases
Unless you happen to trip and fall?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.