Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Didn't we just talk about this in another thread? Maybe I read it somewhere else.

Anyway, whatever. They can try to have it removed all they want. No law says you can't try. I just doubt any judge will back them up.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Damn did you see by how much that guy lowered his temps just by removing excess thermal paste????? thats incredible, hopefully this will make apple apply it properly in future rev.s

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
We have another thread on this subject, its big business squash truth , replace with spin and reap the profits. Sad but seems to be the status quo of a lot of American born companies these days iam sad to say. $$$

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Lawyers couldn't bring down that internet cesspool soon enough. But I agree with Dont Hurt Me, it's all about corporate America...

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
jamesmcd said:
Bit unfair to say that Apple did that. Some 2-cents an hour guy in China maybe...
At the end of the day Apple's brand is on the computer and it's completely up to them to ensure the quality of the product. I believe Asustek has the contract for the MBPs but still the buck stops with Apple - they contracted them.

If Apple were open and honest about the situation initially they wouldn't have dug themselves into the hole they are in. Instead they've tried to cover their ears and pretend nothing's wrong in the name of saving themselves a few bucks in technical repairs. And it's at the expense of their user's enjoyment of correctly functioning machines. I don't know how anyone can seriously try to side with Apple on this besides the most short-sighted shareholders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.