Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Dec 6, 2009
60% of value after being used for 2 years is much, much better than most consumer electronics....

You're not wrong. I still feel bad for selling it at that price though considering it's still such a powerful chip.

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
I might have to bite on this as my M1 12.9 iPad pro is going out. I can't get my iPads to last much longer than a year. I have owned 8 in my lifetime, and only one is still working (and it was a replacement under warranty). Just hesitant due to my bad luck.

• Wow
Reactions: Bigg Macc

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Dec 6, 2009
I might have to bite on this as my M1 12.9 iPad pro is going out. I can't get my iPads to last much longer than a year. I have owned 8 in my lifetime, and only one is still working (and it was a replacement under warranty). Just hesitant due to my bad luck.

Going out how? I've had mine three years and used it almost every day for many hours a day. I'm surprised the battery is still as good as it is but it's still great.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Still trying to decide on the Air or the Pro. Had the most recent but wasn’t impressed. Only thing Pro was the price.

The display.

The iPad is basically a giant display, so if I'm going to get one I want the best possible. OLED seems to be a good move for the new ones. And I can't stand 60Hz refresh rate anymore, it looks broken to me now that all my displays are high refresh rate.

Reactions: jbachandouris

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Looks like it sold out. I saw this sale this morning, then forgot about it until now, and ended up missing out. I’m sure there will be another sale next week though.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I bought one of these when they were on sale for $449 a while back. I like it a lot but I do miss ProMotion coming from a 2018 iPad Pro. But I don't think PM is worth the extra $400.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Very good price. But may be better to see what Apple launches on May 7th.

czoli

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2017

Best Buy today has discounted Apple's M1 iPad Air (64GB Wi-Fi) to a new all-time low price of $399.99 in the Starlight color option, down from $599.99. Best Buy says this deal will last through the end of the day, and it's only available in one color at this record low price.

Why would anyone buy a 64 GB Model nowadays?

MilaM

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2017
64GB model is troublesome once you start to fill it up (which is easy). I have 18GB free yet over-the-air updates fail with not enough space error.
I have to attach to a computer and do updates that way. Apart from that, it's great. It's an M1 -- plenty fast.
I agree. It's very easy to fill up the 64 GB model nowadays. It's probably ok when you plan to use it only to browse the web and read e-mails. The size of apps has exploded so much, a simple image editor like Photomator already takes up 740 MB of storage. Safari on my iPad occupies 1.8 GB (including caches).

Last edited:

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
Going out how? I've had mine three years and used it almost every day for many hours a day. I'm surprised the battery is still as good as it is but it's still great.
Current one 12.9" had a bright spot on the screen. Some stopped charging. Some just stopped turning on. One the touch screen stopped responding (10.5" pro). I fixed that one by throwing it across the room and it landed face down very hard. Assumed I cracked the screen, but instead it fixed it :). That is the only one still working correctly (although it was a replacement under warranty to begin with). In the past I just used it as an excuse to buy a new one, but this time I just don't feel I am going to get much upgrading from my M1 iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.