Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raphaelmatto

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2022
Maybe you can get 5K60 in Windows if you select 6bpc in Radeon Software? It worked with a Nvidia 1070 Ti.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...y-windows-compatibility.2338993/post-31263363
Thnx for the suggestion! I hadn't ever been able to access Radeon Software due to a dreaded error:

"Radeon settings and driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)."

No matter what I did (re-install Bootcamp/Windows, download AMD drivers & try to install them via DDM, etc) I was always stuck with whatever "default" mode the Bootcamp driver was running in. But your idea sent me down the rabbit hole again & I found this:

... just some random hero remixing the AMD drivers for Bootcamp. It worked for me & solved a BUNCH of issues--I'm like a kid in a candy shop w/all the options in the AMD software ... yeah, I've had my Radeon VII for three years & this is the first time it's working 100% in Bootcamp, so happy about that.

Anyway, I gave setting Color Depth to 6bpc, but no-go for 5k. I also tried changing the pixel format & scaling mode w/o any luck. Happy to try other ideas or provide any more info for posterity.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Anyway, I gave setting Color Depth to 6bpc, but no-go for 5k. I also tried changing the pixel format & scaling mode w/o any luck. Happy to try other ideas or provide any more info for posterity.
Does 6bpc work for any mode?

You might need to create a custom resolution. Adding the custom timing in Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) will may work better than Radeon's custom timing (which might have a bug where you can't select bpc).

The default Apple Studio Display 5K timing is this:
Code:
Block 3, DisplayID Extension Block:
  Version: 1.2
  Extension Count: 0
  Video Timing Modes Type 1 - Detailed Timings Data Block:
    DTD:  5120x2880   60.000000 Hz  16:9    180.000 kHz    936.000000 MHz (aspect 16:9, no 3D stereo, preferred)
               Hfront    8 Hsync  32 Hback   40 Hpol P
               Vfront  106 Vsync   8 Vback    6 Vpol N
  Checksum: 0x95
Checksum: 0x90

See if this timing already exists in the EDID that CRU sees.

Reactions: raphaelmatto

raphaelmatto

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2022
Does 6bpc work for any mode?

You might need to create a custom resolution. Adding the custom timing in Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) will may work better than Radeon's custom timing (which might have a bug where you can't select bpc).

The default Apple Studio Display 5K timing is this:
Code:
Block 3, DisplayID Extension Block:
  Version: 1.2
  Extension Count: 0
  Video Timing Modes Type 1 - Detailed Timings Data Block:
    DTD:  5120x2880   60.000000 Hz  16:9    180.000 kHz    936.000000 MHz (aspect 16:9, no 3D stereo, preferred)
               Hfront    8 Hsync  32 Hback   40 Hpol P
               Vfront  106 Vsync   8 Vback    6 Vpol N
  Checksum: 0x95
Checksum: 0x90

See if this timing already exists in the EDID that CRU sees.

Okay, 5k works w/my Radeon VII w/the Apple Studio Display on Bootcamp/Windows 10--but it's a bit fiddly to make happen. Here's what I did:

1. With the monitor Display Specs reading 3840 x 2160 in the AMD software -> Settings -> Display, set the Color Depth to 6 bpc & the screen goes black (this is where I gave up before)
2. Punted the AMD window to my laptop screen & noticed that the Display Specs Display Horizontal and Vertical resolution had changed to 5120 x 2800.
3. Changed Pixel Format to RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB) & the Studio Display screen turned back on, but still at 4k.
4. Under Windows Display Preferences -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adaptor Properties -> List All Modes, I chose 5k, hit Apply & got 5k for the first time.
5. Shed a tear.

Mortal Combat II is looking amazing at 5k, pretty happy with this! Thanks for your prompts joevt, this is a massive upgrade for me.

I did download CRU & was a little confused by it. It *looks* like the Studio Display is missing 5k in the detailed resolutions window. I've tried to add resolution timings for other monitors before but it's hairy if you forget what goes where ... so when I stumbled on the "fix" above, I decided to stop experimenting. But I'm open to more information gathering if peeps provide detailed instructions.

Also, is it possible to make a similar change to get 5k working on MacOs? Sounds like not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Last edited:

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Okay, 5k works w/my Radeon VII w/the Apple Studio Display on Bootcamp/Windows 10--but it's a bit fiddly to make happen. Here's what I did:

1. With the monitor Display Specs reading 3840 x 2160 in the AMD software -> Settings -> Display, set the Color Depth to 6 bpc & the screen goes black (this is where I gave up before)
2. Punted the AMD window to my laptop screen & noticed that the Display Specs Display Horizontal and Vertical resolution had changed to 5120 x 2800.
3. Changed Pixel Format to RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB) & the Studio Display screen turned back on, but still at 4k.
4. Under Windows Display Preferences -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adaptor Properties -> List All Modes, I chose 5k, hit Apply & got 5k for the first time.
5. Shed a tear.

Mortal Combat II is looking amazing at 5k, pretty happy with this! Thanks for your prompts joevt, this is a massive upgrade for me.

I did download CRU & was a little confused by it. It *looks* like the Studio Display is missing 5k in the detailed resolutions window. I've tried to add resolution timings for other monitors before but it's hairy if you forget what goes where ... so when I stumbled on the "fix" above, I decided to stop experimenting. But I'm open to more information gathering if peeps provide detailed instructions.

Also, is it possible to make a similar change to get 5k working on MacOs? Sounds like not, but thought I'd ask anyway.
To be clear, you meant 5120 x 2880?

What did the AMD window say the settings were when the resolution was 5K but the screen was black? (RGB, 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0, bpc, pixel clock MHz, refresh rate?) If it was smart, it should have chosen 6bpc automatically since the Apple Studio Display doesn't support 4:2:2 or 4:2:0...
One thing I don't like about Radeon Software is that you have to use Windows Display Preferences to change resolution - they don't put all the options in the same window like Nvidia does.

The fact that 5K exists in List All Modes probably means the EDID has the 5K mode already. If 5K60 exists, then maybe the only thing you would want to add is 5K modes with lower refresh rates to allow 8bpc (720MHz max pixel clock minus a couple MHz for overhead). 47 or 46Hz may work using CVT-RB2 timing. 34Hz may work for 10bpc. In CRU, check the DisplayID extension block of the EDID for the 5K timing. CRU doesn't always get all extension blocks (you need to make sure the extension blocks aren't defaulted). The default EDID for the Apple Studio Display has 3 blocks total: 1 base block and 2 DisplayID blocks. The first DisplayID block has HDR color data and the tiled timing (2560x2880). The second DisplayID block has the 5K60 timing. You can add new timings to that block.

You say Mortal Combat II looks good at 5K with 6bpc. Do you notice any banding? I guess 262144 colors is not bad.

Regarding 6bpc and macOS, there's no way to do that at this time. I was able to create a patch (OpenCore, Lilu, WhateverGreen, AllRez) on iMac14,2 to choose between RGB 6,8,10 bpc and 4:2:2 8,10bpc (no 4:2:0 since DisplayPort 1.2 doesn't normally support 4:2:0). The iMac14,2 has a Nvidia Kepler based 780M. I tried the same patch on my MacPro3,1 with GTX 680 which is also Kepler based. While I can set the bpc attribute to 6bpc, the display doesn't reconfigure - I probably need to add more code. This same patch doesn't work with newer GPUs which have drivers that store bpc in the detailed timing description instead of as separate attributes.

IA64

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2013
Reviving an old thread but I'm moving from a Mac Pro to a custom PC but I want to keep the XDR display.

I've done my homework and looks like MSI z790 Ace has TB passthrough. If I understand correctly, this board will allow me to get 6K60 HDR if I connect both DP 1.4 from an RTX 4090 to mini DP and connect the XDR PRO to the TB4 port on the motherboard?

1667356531642.png

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
Reviving an old thread but I'm moving from a Mac Pro to a custom PC but I want to keep the XDR display.

I've done my homework and looks like MSI z790 Ace has TB passthrough. If I understand correctly, this board will allow me to get 6K60 HDR if I connect both DP 1.4 from an RTX 4090 to mini DP and connect the XDR PRO to the TB4 port on the motherboard?

View attachment 2106532
Yes, that should work.

Alternately, you can get the Belkin Huawei VR DisplayPort to USB-C cable, and connect that directly from the 4090 to the XDR. I have done the same with a my 3090 and XDR.

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Just bought XDR display and tested it with Windows 10 machine and 2080 Ti and Gigabyte Titan Ridge AIC onboard. Using original TB cable and a single DP connection to Titan Ridge I got only 5K resolution. USB devices worked, but I didn't checked speed. Also brightness control shortcut worked, I assume because BootCamp drivers were installed..

Then I tried to connect XDR directly to 2080 Ti using TB cable (2080 Ti has USB-C VirtualLink port and it's a normal DP port), but it didn't work.

Then I took USB-C cable from LG 5K and connected it to USB-C VirtualLink and it worked!

- I got 6K resolution
- USB devices working (speed not checked though)
- brightness control still working (not only as shortcut with TB cable, but also I've seen all the UI controls for brightness in BootCamp settings)
- I could even see XDR color profiles
- HDR is supported too!

So you really don't need TB AIC card to drive XDR.

The same USB-C cable also works with M1 MacBook Pro 16.

Last edited:

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
So you really don't need TB AIC card to drive XDR.
You do if you want USB 3.0 speed from USB ports of XDR.

I wonder if the 2080 Ti is seeing two DisplayPort connections with the XDR connected with Thunderbolt and choosing that mode for 5K instead of the single connection with DSC for 6K? Was the 5K allowing 10bpc? Did you check the chosen EDID to see if it had the 6K option?

I don't know a method in Windows to see what DisplayPort connections are being used (single or dual DisplayPort connection, link rate, link width, DSC enabled or disabled). Maybe the Advanced tab of GPU-Z has some info but that depends on the GPU driver. The info presented differs for Intel, AMD, Nvidia. I don't think it's trust worthy.

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
You do if you want USB 3.0 speed from USB ports of XDR.
Yes, that's true. Just checked TB and USB-C VirtualLink connections. VirtualLink is limited to USB 2.0, but 6K, you know...

I wonder if the 2080 Ti is seeing two DisplayPort connections with the XDR connected with Thunderbolt and choosing that mode for 5K instead of the single connection with DSC for 6K? Was the 5K allowing 10bpc? Did you check the chosen EDID to see if it had the 6K option?

USB-C VirtualLink

When I use USB-C VirtualLink, I'm able to set these settings:

1668278734414.png

So I can go up to 12 bpc and HDR if needed. GPU-Z shows only this:

General
Driver Date 2022-05-04
DCH/UWD Driver Yes
Registry Path SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000
Device Location Bus 1, Device 0, Function 0

Power Limit
Current 97.0%
Minimum 38.5%
Default 100.0%
Maximum 123.1%
Adjustment Range -62% to +23%

Temperature Limit
Current 83.0°C
Minimum 65.0°C
Default 84.0°C
Maximum 88.0°C
Adjustment Range -23% to +5%

Monitor 1
Type DisplayPort
Link Rate (current) 5.4 Gbps
Link Rate (max) 5.4 Gbps
Lanes (current) 4
Lanes (max) 4
Color Format RGB
Dynamic Range VESA
Bit-per-Color 12
xvYCC601 N/A
xvYCC709 N/A
sYCC601 N/A
AdobeYCC601 N/A
AdobeRGB N/A
BT2020RGB N/A
BT2020YCC N/A
BT2020cYCC N/A
8-bit Color Supported
10-bit Color Supported
12-bit Color Supported
16-bit Color N/A

That's all for USB-C VirtualLink.

Thunderbolt

If I use TB3 (but with the same USB-C cable I used for VirtualLink), then I limited to 5K, but still able to set 8, 10 or 12 bpc and HDR is available too. GPU-Z shows the same info.

The second DP connection is usually ignored OR the display goes black for a moment after connecting the second DP and then I see the same 5K resolution, but changing resolution is not possible in this case: no display settings in NVidia control panel, also resolution popup is greyed out in windows settings.

What else I noticed? Integer scaling (NVidia feature) disappears when I use TB3. It works only when a single DP stream is used, I found out this when I used LG 5K UltraFine which uses two DP connections to get 5K. So it seems TB3 uses two streams, but still limited to 5K.

I don't know a method in Windows to see what DisplayPort connections are being used (single or dual DisplayPort connection, link rate, link width, DSC enabled or disabled). Maybe the Advanced tab of GPU-Z has some info but that depends on the GPU driver. The info presented differs for Intel, AMD, Nvidia. I don't think it's trust worthy.
GPU-Z is useless unfortunately. I gonna check EDID for USB-C and TB3.

Last edited:

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I continue experiments with TB3 and now I tried to use original TB3 cable instead of USB-C:

- When I used USB-C cable, the 5K res was not marked as recommended (4K was marked as native/recommended) in nv control panel. With TB3 cable it became recommended.

- Can't go over 8 bpc.

- "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" pane is broken: can't set GPU scaling, some options are greyed out.

I will update this post further. It seems that NV panel stopped working when I changed cables.

UPD:
With a single DP I limited to 5K, but I have 8-10-12 bpc plus HDR.

With two DP "display settings" tab disappears in nv control panel, so I can't change resolution there. Also I can't change it in windows settings. "List All Modes" button shows only 800x600 option. I just fixed to 5K@12bpc I set before connecting the second DP.

I will try cold boot with two DP connected.

UPD2:
Black screen on login window. Had to disconnect the second DP. Connected it back - 5K became "native" in NV panel. With a single connection 4K is native. But nothing works in NV panel when both DP connected, so it's useless. I'll try to update the driver.

UPD3:
Updated driver - nothing has changed. Ok, I went to EDID and found out, that it can't be read by the system when both DP connected.
I used Custom Resolution Utility 1.5.2 to modify EDID and removed 3 extensions block with resolutions I didn't need and finally got 6K res in the settings, but it worked as it worked in macOS - signal resolution is still 5K.

I think the problem is that I have ASUS Z490 mb which is not compatible with Titan-Ridge. It seems it's better to buy ASUS ThunderboltEX (3-TR or 4 maybe better, though it's not compatible, but these have shared compatibility with Z590, so I suppose incompatibility is just "on paper") and check with it.

UPD4:
CRU reads different EDID's depending on connection used. If it's TB3, then it reads APPAE22 EDID which contains extension blocks:

TB3:
1668340524968.png

These extensions blocks include 6K resolution, but it's not available.

With USB-C VirtualLink no extension blocks, different APPAE2D EDID:

1668340584031.png

No extension blocks and no 5K or 6K res. But they are available with USB-C ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Just bought USB-C + DisplayPort addon card for Dell Precision, Model 0WYY76 (low profile, unfortunately) and can confirm that it works with 2080 Ti at full 6K@10bit HDR.

Will try it in macOS with RX580 (should show at least 5K)

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Well, RX580 works in a strange way with XDR.

In Windows I get 5K, but I'm not sure, it looks more pixelated than 5K with RTX 2080 Ti. In Windows settings active signal resolution is 5K though.

In macOS I get 5K, but it's too blurry, should not be. I don't know how to get information about signal resolution, but assume that it's 4K actually.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Well, RX580 works in a strange way with XDR.

In Windows I get 5K, but I'm not sure, it looks more pixelated than 5K with RTX 2080 Ti. In Windows settings active signal resolution is 5K though.

In macOS I get 5K, but it's too blurry, should not be. I don't know how to get information about signal resolution, but assume that it's 4K actually.
In macOS, you can use SwitchResX to get timing info. Just double click the selected Current Resolution to show active pixels, refresh rate, pixel clock.

The XDR is limited to HBR2 link rate (unless you use a Thunderbolt 3 port of a Mac in macOS). It doesn't support chroma sub sampling 4:2:2 or 4:2:0.

You may be able to get 5K60 in Windows using 6 bpc. Maybe you can get 6K45 6bpc with a custom timing using CRU (I don't trust Radeon Software).

macOS doesn't allow 6 bpc. You may be able to get 5K or 6K by using SwitchResX to create custom timings. 5K47 or 6K34 for 8bpc, 5K37 or 6K27 for 10bpc.

I don't know if the XDR supports custom timings or what the lowest refresh rate that it can support.

Reactions: etc

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
In macOS, you can use SwitchResX to get timing info. Just double click the selected Current Resolution to show active pixels, refresh rate, pixel clock.

The XDR is limited to HBR2 link rate (unless you use a Thunderbolt 3 port of a Mac in macOS). It doesn't support chroma sub sampling 4:2:2 or 4:2:0.

You may be able to get 5K60 in Windows using 6 bpc. Maybe you can get 6K45 6bpc with a custom timing using CRU (I don't trust Radeon Software).

macOS doesn't allow 6 bpc. You may be able to get 5K or 6K by using SwitchResX to create custom timings. 5K47 or 6K34 for 8bpc, 5K37 or 6K27 for 10bpc.

I don't know if the XDR supports custom timings or what the lowest refresh rate that it can support.
Yes, I got 5K with 6bpc in Windows. But it's unstable, sometimes it tries to split display into 2 halves and then hangs.

Also I checked AGCDiagnose output and found out that I was right - active signal is 4K60 10bpc, not 5K as System Settings shows.

BTW I'm thinking about buying AMD 6xxx series card to drive XDR in macOS using Dell USB-C AIC. Will it work at full 6K? AIC is cheap equivalent to Belkin VR Sync cable, but does macOS allow DSC through USB-C?

schweigert85

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2021
Just wanted to add --- on an old RX480 and the Belkin Cable im getting the same experience.

I'm still able to get 5k on the XDR, but only 6Bit color and no HDR.
I also get a couple of distorted frames when the pc first boots into widows.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Just wanted to add --- on an old RX480 and the Belkin Cable im getting the same experience.

I'm still able to get 5k on the XDR, but only 6Bit color and no HDR.
I also get a couple of distorted frames when the pc first boots into widows.
Try custom timing to get 6K 6bpc? You just need a timing that has pixel clock less than 960MHz. Maybe 6K@44Hz.

schweigert85

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2021
Try custom timing to get 6K 6bpc? You just need a timing that has pixel clock less than 960MHz. Maybe 6K@44Hz.
you mean lower my GPU clock?

when I try a lower Hrz it still doesnt give any difference in resolution options, Bit color, or HDR

yvPgm2a.jpg

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
you mean lower my GPU clock?
I said pixel clock, not GPU clock. Pixel clock is a property of the resolution currently being used. You can create a custom resolution with different timings.

Using SwitchResX for macOS: 6K44 custom resolution.png
I selected CVT-RB calculation method which calculates all the values (including pixel clock) using just the resolution and refresh rate.

In Windows, you could try the Nvidia control panel to create a custom timing. For AMD GPUs I think using CRU is preferable since a custom timing created with Radeon Software might not let you select 6bpc.
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Varoudis

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
I need some help troubleshooting why with "known OK" cables I cant get my XDR display to wake up.
I have tested 2 PCs with the same GPU, Asus 3090ti, one PC is a 12th gen Intel and the other a 5950x AMD (if chipset make any difference).

I've got two cables from Amazon UK that blogs and ports seem to have success with...

Cable Matters 8K USB C to DisplayPort Cable 3 m(USBC to Display port Lead/DisplayPort to USB C Cable) 8K@60Hz, 4K@60Hz, 2K@144Hz in Black - Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible for MacBook Pro, Dell XPS

and a

StarTech.com 6ft (2m) USB C to DisplayPort 1.4 Cable 8K 60Hz/4K - Bidirectional DP to USB-C or USB-C to DP Reversible Video Adapter Cable -HBR3/HDR/DSC - USB Type C/TB3 Monitor Cable (CDP2DP142MBD)

None will wake up the display... If I use an HP laptop with thunderbolt the display will wake up. Of course it works as expected on a M1 Mac.

Any ideas for "debugging" this?
Thanks

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I need some help troubleshooting why with "known OK" cables I cant get my XDR display to wake up.
I have tested 2 PCs with the same GPU, Asus 3090ti, one PC is a 12th gen Intel and the other a 5950x AMD (if chipset make any difference).

I've got two cables from Amazon UK that blogs and ports seem to have success with...

Cable Matters 8K USB C to DisplayPort Cable 3 m(USBC to Display port Lead/DisplayPort to USB C Cable) 8K@60Hz, 4K@60Hz, 2K@144Hz in Black - Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible for MacBook Pro, Dell XPS

and a

StarTech.com 6ft (2m) USB C to DisplayPort 1.4 Cable 8K 60Hz/4K - Bidirectional DP to USB-C or USB-C to DP Reversible Video Adapter Cable -HBR3/HDR/DSC - USB Type C/TB3 Monitor Cable (CDP2DP142MBD)

None will wake up the display... If I use an HP laptop with thunderbolt the display will wake up. Of course it works as expected on a M1 Mac.

Any ideas for "debugging" this?
Thanks
The first cable is not bi-directional I see (at least I couldn't find it in tech specs), but the second should work.
Btw, one of known cables that works is Moshi (I have this one and can confirm it works):

But none of these cables provide USB support, so you won't be able to control brightness. You should go with USB + DP multiplexers. There's a very good article about adding USB-C + DP support to your PC:

Choose any USB-C + DP Alt Mode option from the list, but don't go with TB expansion cards (there's a very little chance you get 6K instead of 5K).

Reactions: Varoudis

Varoudis

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
The first cable is not bi-directional I see (at least I couldn't find it in tech specs), but the second should work.
Btw, one of known cables that works is Moshi (I have this one and can confirm it works):

But none of these cables provide USB support, so you won't be able to control brightness. You should go with USB + DP multiplexers. There's a very good article about adding USB-C + DP support to your PC:

Choose any USB-C + DP Alt Mode option from the list, but don't go with TB expansion cards (there's a very little chance you get 6K instead of 5K).

Moshi works full 6k for you? Whats your PC specs? (CPU/GPU I mean)

The Startech cable wont even work on a normal MacBook with a DP Display (not the XDR, a 'nornal' PC display). Maybe its dead on arrival.

EDIT: This? "Z590 Vision D, 10700K, 64 GB RAM, RX580 @ 12.6.1"?

etc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Moshi works full 6k for you? Whats your PC specs? (CPU/GPU I mean)

The Startech cable wont even work on a normal MacBook with a DP Display (not the XDR, a 'nornal' PC display). Maybe its dead on arrival.

EDIT: This? "Z590 Vision D, 10700K, 64 GB RAM, RX580 @ 12.6.1"?
Yes, this PC, but I have two GPUs: RX580 for OS X and RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition for Windows.

Both work with Moshi, but RX580 does not support DSC, so no 6K. I gonna replace it with RX 6600 XT to drive XDR in OS X.

RTX 2080 Ti just works fine at full 6K@60 (8-12 bpc) + HDR.

Reactions: Varoudis

Varoudis

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
Yes, this PC, but I have two GPUs: RX580 for OS X and RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition for Windows.

Both work with Moshi, but RX580 does not support DSC, so no 6K. I gonna replace it with RX 6600 XT to drive XDR in OS X.

RTX 2080 Ti just works fine at full 6K@60 (8-12 bpc) + HDR.
Ill give it a go then. I dont mind not having full control as it a temporary (or backup) thing for me.

Reactions: etc

Varoudis

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
The Moshi cable does work as expected! I was getting some tearing (v-sync didn't work) but I think it was confused because my usual display has G-Sync...

Im working with 3D Game engines. do you get tearing in 6k? 1440p seems ok. (GPU is not maxed in 6k!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.