Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I just bought an iPad Air 5, set it up a few days ago and have been testing it out.
I have noticed a consistent problem that is quite frustrating. When I go into Google Photos or Amazon Photos, bring up any image I have saved there, tap the "share" icon- the "share" window does pop up. However when I tap the "..." icon for "more" share options (to see other apps to share to), nothing happens and the app freezes.

I have closed the app and reopened many times with the same result- I have removed and re-installed each app, same thing. Rebooting the iPad doesn't help, either.

I also created a movie in iMovie, and after creating it, when I tapped the "share" icon and selected the option to save a copy of the video, that also seemed to just hang, and took a couple of minutes before it let me finally go to the next window and complete that save/export.

I have another iPad (Pro) that I am testing to decide which to keep- and it doesn't do this at all. My phone has no problem doing this, either.

Has anyone run into anything like this before? Would it be a situation where I perhaps need to wipe the iPad and completely set it up from scratch again? Or is there a chance this could be a device issue?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Has anyone run into anything like this before? Would it be a situation where I perhaps need to wipe the iPad and completely set it up from scratch again? Or is there a chance this could be a device issue?
You may just want to try wiping the iPad and setting it up from scratch again. You should not be experiencing such an issue with your iPad and if the problem persists, probably your last resort is to get it replaced since like you said, the problem seems specific to that iPad.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
You may just want to try wiping the iPad and setting it up from scratch again. You should not be experiencing such an issue with your iPad and if the problem persists, probably your last resort is to get it replaced since like you said, the problem seems specific to that iPad.
Thanks- yeah I'm still within my return window (bought it at Costco, so I have 90 days), so at least a return is available if absolutely necessary.

I will go ahead and try a wipe and reconfiguration this weekend. It's odd that I just set it up about a week ago, I wouldn't think I'd have such problems on a brand new setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.