Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neo8824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Hi all,

Anyone else have this issue?

I have experienced this on my iPhone 5 running 8.4.1, if I go into the App Store and switch to "Top Charts" tab, I get az infinite loading screen.

I have searched for this and others running 8.4.1 regardless of device have this issue it seems.

Already tried the basic stuff....reboot, tap 10 times in appstore to clear cache, log out-log in to apple ID,reset all settings...etc.

yrtxc

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Same here. I have searched on other forums looks like there are other people with ios8 expericing the same. Just wondering are your phones jailbreaked? (Mine is)

neo8824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Same here. I have searched on other forums looks like there are other people with ios8 expericing the same. Just wondering are your phones jailbreaked? (Mine is)
It's not jailbroken. I already reported this to Apple, not sure if they will care or not... I don't wanna upgrade to ios9....

yrtxc

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
I DMed Apple support Twitter and they told me to upgrade to latest firmware which is 9.3.1 (?). I told them I do not want to upgrade and they tell me try upgrade to 8.4.1(??)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I DMed Apple support Twitter and they told me to upgrade to latest firmware which is 9.3.1 (?). I told them I do not want to upgrade and they tell me try upgrade to 8.4.1(??)
Ask them exactly how would they recommend to "upgrade" to 8.4.1.

neo8824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Ask them exactly how would they recommend to "upgrade" to 8.4.1.
They told me the same... I hope they fix this and won't force us to upgrade... On 7.1.2 this issue is non existent, i tried that as well, just iOS8..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They told me the same... I hope they fix this and won't force us to upgrade... On 7.1.2 this issue is non existent, i tried that as well, just iOS8..
Told you the same, meaning what? How would they update to 8.4.1 if that's what they recommend?

photographer86

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
Same here guys. Ios 8.1.1 on my iphone 6 plus. Everything else works. I think that want us to upgrade well some of us don't want. I don't even know where to start for a fix. Kinda bummer.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
I thought it was because I am jailbroken but look like it's not. I have an iPhone 5 on 8.4 and can't view Top Charts aswell in the french App Store.

photographer86

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
I thought it was because I am jailbroken but look like it's not. I have an iPhone 5 on 8.4 and can't view Top Charts aswell in the french App Store.

Yes still not working for me either. With all the bugs they're having i don't want to update. I am not jailbroken and its not working for me. I want apple to just work again like it used to. Apple if your reading this fix it lol.

Reactions: iOSUser7

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
I'm really starting to think that this "bug" is intentional, they are trying to force us to upgrade, let me explain why :

-Top charts are working fine on iOS 6 (just tried on an iPhone 5 on 6.0.1) because two devices are stuck forever on iOS 6, the iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch 4th generation.
-I don't have an iOS 7 device to try but I'm assuming they also work fine on iOS 7 because I haven't heard of any complains and more importantly because one device is stuck forever on iOS 7, the iPhone 4.
-Now we have iOS 8 which we know Top charts are not working. The thing is every single device running iOS 8 can be upgraded to iOS 9 which we know Top charts are working fine on.

Coincidence ? I don't think so...

loveandhavefun

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2014
I'm really starting to think that this "bug" is intentional, they are trying to force us to upgrade, let me explain why :

-Top charts are working fine on iOS 6 (just tried on an iPhone 5 on 6.0.1) because two devices are stuck forever on iOS 6, the iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch 4th generation.
-I don't have an iOS 7 device to try but I'm assuming they also work fine on iOS 7 because I haven't heard of any complains and more importantly because one device is stuck forever on iOS 7, the iPhone 4.
-Now we have iOS 8 which we know Top charts are not working. The thing is every single device running iOS 8 can be upgraded to iOS 9 which we know Top charts are working fine on.

Coincidence ? I don't think so...

You're a very smart man.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Someone in another thread (can't recall which one at the moment) recently mentioned that things are back in working order in the App Store app under iOS 8.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Someone in another thread (can't recall which one at the moment) recently mentioned that things are back in working order in the App Store app under iOS 8.
Indeed, I just tried and can confirm Top Charts are back on iOS 8. So either Apple changed their mind (or received complaints) either my theory was completely wrong. :p

photographer86

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
Hello everyone. Top charts have started working for me again after the release of 9.3.3. Don't get confused. I am not on 9.3.3. I am on 8.1.1 with my iphone 6 + and works fine again. I didn't log out ever or try anything jin the post. So i think it was something to do with the update being relaeased or apple fixed what ever was going on. I am happy there fixing stuff. They have had a bit of a bad run but to all of us our there i am sticking with them because they make a fine phone that really holds up and just works. :). Thought i'd let everyone know that its working for me. Take care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.