Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
EGT, is that your own plane? I would guess it to be a Cessna 172 or 182 but you can't tell from the pic, what is it?

I assume you took it yourself, you have anymore like that?

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
yippy said:
EGT, is that your own plane? I would guess it to be a Cessna 172 or 182 but you can't tell from the pic, what is it?

I assume you took it yourself, you have anymore like that?

I have quite a few floating around. These are the ones I found today.

I don't know why I only took printscreens of my desktop, i should have just posted the pics themeselves. Ah well.

I wish it was my own aircraft and i wish it was a 172/182!!! It's my clubs little 152. These pics were taken back when I started flight training a few years ago.

We've now got access to a BE58 and a Warrior as well.

Attachments

• Desktop1.jpg
    Desktop1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Desktop2.jpg
    Desktop2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Desktop7.jpg
    Desktop7.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 207

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Haven't done this in a long time - some clouds I took the other day....nice having an image that's 1920x1200 :D

D

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 251

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Mr. Anderson said:
Haven't done this in a long time - some clouds I took the other day....nice having an image that's 1920x1200 :D

D
HA! I don't believe it. I was going to save this for the May thread, but what the hell. I took this yesterday because I thought the clouds were contrasting against the (unusually!) blue sky really well. Resized and set it as my desktop last night.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
edesignuk said:
Looks like a virtual desktop app, Mr A?

Desktop Manager - best free app ever

I don't even need multiple monitors when I can have 6 virtual ones :D

e - you should take the raw file and up the contrast and saturation a little - bring out the blue more - nice pic though

D

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
edesignuk said:
HA! I don't believe it. I was going to save this for the May thread, but what the hell. I took this yesterday because I thought the clouds were contrasting against the (unusually!) blue sky really well. Resized and set it as my desktop last night.

I guess having clouds across two monitors isn't as unique as I once thought it was. :rolleyes:

And here is as close as this system (my IBM ThinkPad) is going to get to having Tiger on it. ;)

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
joetronic said:
How does your Thinkpad have a Mac OS runnign on it?
It is running Apple's Rhapsody operating system which (for marketing reasons) would later be renamed Mac OS X Server, even though this is a very different operating system from Mac OS X. The last version of Rhapsody for PC compatibles was 5.1, Apple had discontinued the PC version before they released the first publicly available version, Rhapsody 5.3 (Mac OS X Server 1.0).

What I have on my ThinkPad is Rhapsody 5.1. Here are a couple shots of it.

Rhapsody 5.1 on my
IBM ThinkPad

System Profiler and
Workspace Manager about box

And this is what Rhapsody 5.6 (aka Mac OS X Server 1.2v3) looks like on my Power Macintosh 7500 (with 512 MB of RAM and a PowerPC 604e/225).

Rhapsody 5.6 on my
Power Macintosh 7500

The two systems are almost identical, of course the 5.6 system has more features as it was released at the end of 2000 (it was discontinued in the Summer of 2001) while the 5.1 was released in 1998. Also there are more apps for the PowerPC version.

Still, I have many of the same apps in Rhapsody (even on the ThinkPad) that I rely on in Mac OS X everyday (like OmniWeb, Create, TextEdit, ToyViewer, TIFFany3, PixelNhance and RBrowser)... but much earlier versions of them.

The most notable visual thing about Rhapsody is that it uses Platinum (and not Aqua). Rhapsody and Mac OS 8 both got the Platinum theme from Copland at the same time.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
dotdotdot said:
wow... rhapsody is UGLY!!!

Windows 95 looks better!! DAMNNNNN!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but a bad OS runs through and through. And Windows 95 was a bad operating system.

But, Windows NT 4.0 was okay. Specially with a few additions from Apple ;) . So maybe you'll like these shots...

Windows NT 4.0 sp6
with Apple's Yellow Box
application environment
installed

Apple's TextEdit

NeXplorer FileViewer

These images are from VirtualPC, I would never install Windows on real hardware... to dangerous! :eek:

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
k, Rhapsody wasn't that bad, it looks a lot like OS 9, which was very attractive if you look at what else there was out there prior to OS X which is in a different league then any other OS.

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
RacerX said:
It is running Apple's Rhapsody operating system which (for marketing reasons) would later be renamed Mac OS X Server, even though this is a very different operating system from Mac OS X. The last version of Rhapsody for PC compatibles was 5.1, Apple had discontinued the PC version before they released the first publicly available version, Rhapsody 5.3 (Mac OS X Server 1.0).

Where can one get a copy of that?

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
Bit late for April, last minute change...

Dracena plant plus a bit of Photoshop twist. Would love a widescreen, much better ratio ;)

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 212
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.