Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickleNickNick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
I'm pretty sure that way back in 2012/13, MacRumours alerted me to the Ghosting/Screen-Burn issue on the very first retina MBP.

I bloody loved that machine. It didn't actually display those symptoms at the time, but a year lated it did. Because I knew the issue existed, I recognised it immediately and managed to get the screen replaced on my 2012 MBP-with retina display.

So I'm forever grateful to MacRumours. However, why are they trolling me. They keep on adding dead pixels to their site. Is it some sort of easter egg, or joke. Have I missed something? Every time I visit the site I keep trying to pull specs off my screen!

Anyone else? (see attached) No? Just me then! 😅

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 00.30.34.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 00.30.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 00.30.34.png
    892.6 KB · Views: 60

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
My guess: Tracker pixels. Probably never noticed them before because you had a "light" screen color profile, but now the white tracker shows up against the black background.

(Edit: more likely iStorm is right below)

Last edited:

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
My guess: Tracker pixels. Probably never noticed them before because you had a "light" screen color profile, but now the white tracker shows up against the black background.
Unfortunately, I think this is the correct answer. Maybe tracking pixels from Google or Meta that track everything you do online. Your best bet is just to pretend you never saw it and keep browsing the web. Once you start going down the rabbit hole you learn things you didn’t really want to know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.