Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Any answers to your question would be pure speculation at this point. Very little is known about the operating system that the tablet will use. I suggest sitting back and tuning into the 1pm EST apple event. :)

It's the only way to know for sure.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
I'm really hoping that it's not going to use the iPhone OS but I think all signs lead that it will. Sad day for me because that takes me out of the market completely :(

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Any answers to your question would be pure speculation at this point. Very little is known about the operating system that the tablet will use. I suggest sitting back and tuning into the 1pm EST apple event. :)

It's the only way to know for sure.

I think the OP is correct, in that the iPhone OS (a derivative of Mac OS X - Steve even referenced it as "Mac OS") has not been updated for consumers, much less developers like myself, for some months. An earlier rumor has it that the new tablet uses yet another derivative of Mac OS X and that Apple did not want anyone gleaning too much information about the upcoming tablet for the next iPhone OS update. I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.