Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idkew

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I just got my new MX900. When I try to get the mouse to charge, I never get a blinking or solid green light, just the blinking red light.

The mouse works fine with Alkaline batteries. Will not charge with other (energizer) NM-HD batteries.

The base is plugged into the power adapter. I have tried with the base in and out of a usb port, in a hub and directly in my laptop.

Am I missing something, or do I have a defective base?

Thanks for the replies.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Mine can be grumpy sometimes. When you put it in the charger move it around a little to try and get it to settle into the right position. Sometimes mine take a little effort to settle before the green starts blinking.

Also use only NiMH batteries. You can do some damage to the mouse if you try and charge another type of battery in it.

idkew

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Raven VII said:
And the MX1000 has a lead-in... No wiggling around...

*wink* *wink*
:D

but- the 1000 requires a base for use. the 900 only needs it if you want to use rechargeable batteries. as a PowerBook man, the 900 trumps the 1000. If I owned a desktop that was not a headless server, i would get the 1000 for it.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
My MX700 did the same thing (same as MX900 but no bluetooth) and it got annoying. I had the extended warranty on it from CompUSA, and with that problem, and it occasionally crapping out for a couple seconds every once and awhile, I put my warranty to use and exchanged it for an MX1000. The MX1000 is the best mouse I've used, period. Even if I didnt have the warranty, I'd have no problem paying for the MX100, its an awesome mouse

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.