Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
New England
"There is no active noise cancelation on the Beats Solo Buds, but they do offer passive noise isolation to improve audio quality."

If these are similar to Beats Fit Pros, it's a pass.
The BFPs' ANC isn't great as the APP2s beat them in ANC/Transp. performance and fit.
Haven't found a decent pair of foam replacement tips for the BFPs to match that for the APP2s.
Will stick with the Apple version not the Beats version.

Reactions: Jovijoker

grovberg

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2022
I see that it mentions Find My Device functionality, but not precision finding. Are they keeping that exclusive to AirPods, or is it just not mentioned?No MagSafe or Apple Watch wireless charging?
Powerbeats Pros are a truly puzzling thing. They debuted 5 years ago (literally, April 2019) and remain available for purchase at retail. I think Apple could easily update this model but has chosen not to, for now, for reasons truly beyond me.

I'm not normally prone to conspiracy theories but the only thing that makes sense to me is that this is an intentional move to elevate AirPod Pros. There's a well-known rivalry between the Beats and AirPods teams within Apple and the Powerbeats Pros and Beats Fit Pros were largely being recommended over Airpod Pros at places like Wirecutter and Rtings when they were current models (despite what you may have heard elsewhere in this thread, these Beats both have great sound). AirPods have seen regular updates and dramatically improved (especially their ANC) since then so that they are now more recommended but these two Beats best sellers have never gotten an update and the only new Beats that have been released (such these Solo Buds) target the sub-$150 market. They could have easily added Qi charging, improved ANC, and updated to the H2 in the existing designs and they would have sold like gangbusters. Spite/jealousy really does seem like the only reasonable explanation.

BK109

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2022
I'm actually surprised they didn't phase out the Powerbeats Pro in favor of the Fit Pro a long time ago.
I have both. For months I convinced myself that the Fit Pro worked great: One only fell out of my ear once in a while, and I only had to re-secure them twice per run. then I put my Powerbeats Pro back on and when, ...oh, SO much better! Fully secure, no muss, no fuss, noise isolation works perfect for my runs, and, yeah, the Powerbeats Pro are hands down better for exercising and working in the yard.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Wish they would redesign the Powerbeats pro so they don't only charge half of the time in the case. Loved those for workouts but hated that one would not always charge.

okieoutwest

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2019
There's something about the perspective of that first photo that has my brain convinced this case is close to the size of a loveseat. No matter how long i look at it i can't quite put my finger on what is forcing that interpretation of the perspective but it's amusing whatever it is.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I understand they’re entry level, but if they’re anything like the first iteration, the sound is terrible.
This i s the first iteration, Beats Studio Buds is different line (which have had 2 iterations so far)

MasterControlProgram

macrumors regular
May 5, 2022
A pity the red ones only the charging case is transparent. I love my transparent Studio Buds+, if only they'd done a few more transparent colours for them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.