Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
Was looking at the dbrand Ghost but all of the issues with scratches and lukewarm/negative reviews have put me off.

Hearing some good things about Spigen's cases this year, also considered Caudabe's Lucid Clear (if it ever comes back in stock...), Apple's own clear case and the Otterbox Lumen.

What's the best?

Anything else I haven't mentioned above worth a look? Most important factor has to be non-yellowing (although I appreciate its too early to tell).

Thanks

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
IMO the Apple ClearCase is always a good choice. It's rather expensive and has its own quirks (ie the buttons are a bit stiff) but as far as I know it doesn't yellow at all and feels nice in the hand.

Haddery

Suspended
Nov 17, 2023
For a non-yellowing clear case for the 15 Pro, Spigen's cases and Apple's own clear case are good options. Some folks also like Otterbox Lumen. Caudabe's Lucid Clear might be worth a shot if it's back in stock. These are the popular ones without yellowing issues. Maybe give those a whirl!

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
i have the ghost and tbh i dont really notice any scratches on mine and the feel is great in hands also dbrand is working on revising the ghost to make it more scratch resistant and everyone who bought the ghost will recieve the new ghost free of charge once its done in April

Reactions: walds11

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
i have the ghost and tbh i dont really notice any scratches on mine and the feel is great in hands also dbrand is working on revising the ghost to make it more scratch resistant and everyone who bought the ghost will recieve the new ghost free of charge once its done in April
Same. I love my ghost case.

Mous Clarity 2.0 Clear and Iridescent cases are another option. Both have anti-yellowing technology and scratch resistant coating. The iridescent is sick AF.

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
All clear case WILL turn yellow after some time. My advice don’t spend too much money on clear cases

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
As much as people make fun of the Apple clear case I had mine for 3 years on my iPhone 12 and only showed the SMALLEST amount of discoloration. It’s the best choice if you don’t wanna spend $12 on garbage Amazon clear cases every 6 months because they look like they’ve been dipped in 6am urine. 😜

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
For a non-yellowing clear case for the 15 Pro, Spigen's cases and Apple's own clear case are good options. Some folks also like Otterbox Lumen. Caudabe's Lucid Clear might be worth a shot if it's back in stock. These are the popular ones without yellowing issues. Maybe give those a whirl!
I've used Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear cases and they most definitely turn yellow after 6 months. Here's a pic of my girlfriends Spigen Ultra Hybrid for her S22 ultra after a year. I finally got her a new one because it looks awful..
3A91044B-A1B1-40EA-881D-665D4F883EA7.jpeg

I had one for my iPhone X with the same results. I bought the version with the black border a clear back instead and never had the issue again..

Last edited:

Gator1pk

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I have bought clear cases for my 6S, X and 13 Pro and all yellowed after some time. Six months into the 13 Pro, I purchased the Apple Clear Case for my 13 Pro and it never yellowed. So when I got my 15 Pro Max I didn’t want to waste time or money and got the Apple Clear Case. Tired of wasting money on crap accessories.

Reactions: walds11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.