Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
I realized ESR changed up their screen protectors completely from what I used before, and I am looking for a good screen protector for my M4 iPad Pro 13”. Please help me out. 🙂

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
I have got the ESR Paperfeel right now, but it is too grainy for my taste and ruins the beautiful OLED quite a bit. Holding out for the BELLEMOND ones to release.

Last edited:

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I’ve never used a screen protector on previous iPads but have always toyed with the idea of something that gives that ‘paper like’ feel. I do not however want to lose any of the OLED benefits.

I received this a few days ago for my 13”.

ESR Magnetic Paper feel Screen Protector

I love that when using my iPad for work, which is when I primarily use the Pencil for note taking, I’ll get that more natural feel. When finished, I can simply remove it.

I can’t speak for the durability however this seems like it’s going to be perfect for my needs.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I’ve been using rock paper pencil for my iPad gen 5 and just version 2 for my new 13” iPad Pro M4. The combination of the improvement to the side grip, paper like feel and the newer finer pencil tips are fantastic. I highly recommend this product. Installation is a snap

Reactions: dabotsonline

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
Just a small heads-up. I was able to preorder a Bellemond screen protector for the 13” M4 (Kent paper type).

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
It depends on why you want a screen protector and what type you prefer. I use matte tempered glass on all my devices. I used matte PET (plastic, paper feel) until I found matte glass. The PET ones show wear, pencil marks, etc. I’ve not seen that with matte tempered glass. They don’t show wear, glare, or fingerprints. They aren’t as textured as the PET ones but they aren’t as slick as the clear glass ones and they don’t create the sparkly rainbow effect that the PET ones tend to.

If you’re just looking to protect the screen and aren’t worried about glare or texture, then the clear ones are probably the way to go.

I’ve used Ambison matte ones on several devices. There wasn’t one a couple of weeks ago when I got my iPP 11 but there is one now and mine are arriving today. I also found matte glass for my Air 13” that wasn’t $25 for one and those will be in this evening, as well.

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
Where did you pre order?
On Amazon Germany :) But Bellemond says it will be two more weeks until they are in stock. At least you can add it to the checkout now. Can’t wait to get the Kent version, had the High quality paper type before, and it was already pretty great.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
On Amazon Germany :) But Bellemond says it will be two more weeks until they are in stock. At least you can add it to the checkout now. Can’t wait to get the Kent version, had the High quality paper type before, and it was already pretty great.
Unfortunately there is no such pre order option on Amazon US. So the best option for now is the ESR one.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Small update for us US Amazon buyers.

The Bellemond 13 inch iPad Pro screen saver is now listed, but as "Temporarily out or stock".

You can pretty much "pre order", by purchasing it & they will let you know when it ships then charge you.

Reactions: Ralph_91

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
It’s also not in stock yet in Germany, but Bellemond Support said it will be in around 1-2 weeks. Can’t wait to get rid of my grainy ESR. I recently had very bad luck with ESR products. They arrive sooner on the market then others, but the quality is meh.

vinsalducci

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2016
I’ve been using rock paper pencil for my iPad gen 5 and just version 2 for my new 13” iPad Pro M4. The combination of the improvement to the side grip, paper like feel and the newer finer pencil tips are fantastic. I highly recommend this product. Installation is a snap

Came here to say this. Absolutely outstanding product. 5 stars.

Reactions: Davidalan

the5rivers

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2021
I got the Spigen GlasTR for both my 11 and 13 inch M4. And they provide a self-install tool so installation literally took 30 seconds. Always used Spigen on all my devices and have zero complaints.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
It’s also not in stock yet in Germany, but Bellemond Support said it will be in around 1-2 weeks. Can’t wait to get rid of my grainy ESR. I recently had very bad luck with ESR products. They arrive sooner on the market then others, but the quality is meh.
I ordered the ESR but Amazon instead sent me the one for the old iPad. So I am sending that back and waiting for the Bellemond.

You're still using your screen for the older iPad & the new one iPP? I looked and it says that the one for the new 13" iPP doesn't release for 3 weeks. I'm interested if the nibs are different for the new pencil at all?

vinsalducci

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2016
I ordered the ESR but Amazon instead sent me the one for the old iPad. So I am sending that back and waiting for the Bellemond.

You're still using your screen for the older iPad & the new one iPP? I looked and it says that the one for the new 13" iPP doesn't release for 3 weeks. I'm interested if the nibs are different for the new pencil at all?
I got the 11in version. Pencil nibs are the same as for the other Apple Pencils. Completely interchangeable as far as I can tell.

Reactions: JayMysterio

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
the ESR but Amazon instead sent me the one for the old iPad. So I am sending that back and waiting for the Bellemond.

The one I was sent when ordered on their site through the shop site said version 2. It is correct the camera cut out is in the middle on the right side of my iPad Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0417.jpeg
    IMG_0417.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.