Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 6, 2022
I will be retiring soon and closing my business. I bought a new iPhone 13 and will move my business land line number (had for 35 years) over to this phone. My cellular and business is on ATT.

What Is the best way to move my data on my 14 Pro Max onto the iPhone 13. I do not want to move my cell service on the 14Pro, just the data.
In a month or so when I shut down the bus phone lines, I will get ATT to move the office number over to this phone to close out business.

Best to let the cloud restore it of use a backup of my 14 Pro on the desktop?

Help please

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Congratulations on the retirement, we have enjoyed ours. If you have a solid, fast internet connection then just do a backup to iCloud and then restore it on the new phone. If internet is too slow, then backup to desktop and restore from there.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 6, 2022
Congratulations on the retirement, we have enjoyed ours. If you have a solid, fast internet connection then just do a backup to iCloud and then restore it on the new phone. If internet is too slow, then backup to desktop and restore from there.

Thanks

My 14 ProMax backs up to the cloud every night and I have very good Internet connection so I did as you suggested and had the phone restore from the cloud.

Awsome! Only took a short period of time. I can’t wait to call ATT and have them shut my 4 business land line down, what a racket they are running!

Thanks Sir!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.