Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I am running 9.2.1b2 and have had some serious battery issues.
It is draining very fast.
Sometimes when it is 10% or 20% it will shut down and say it's out of power.
Solutions I've tried are quitting all open apps, hard restart, Letting the battery drain down to 0% on a time it didn't shut down early.
My next step was going to be a quick erase and restore from iTunes backup. When I started to do that it said it couldn't download the version (9.2.1). I realize that is normal.
Now my question is what can I do to get a restore done if anything?
Will Apple look at and do diagnostics on my battery if I'm running the beta?
Thanks.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
You could use a newer operating system - that should allow you to restore through iTunes... I really don't get why you're on a beta version of iOS 9. I mean, being on iOS 9 still, sure, I can see reasons for that, but a beta version? Why? – Your battery issues could be software related - if they aren't Apple will not worry about the software. At least they shouldn't.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I really don't get why you're on a beta version of iOS 9. I mean, being on iOS 9 still, sure, I can see reasons for that, but a beta version? Why?
Well…probably because when OP made the post it was January 2016. Roughly a year and a half ago. OP has probably solved his problem by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.