Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkinnyMoose

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2022
Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 7 external bluetooth speaker does not pair. On speaker, holding bluetooth button for several seconds, beeps, blinks light. On iphone, ipad, android, does not show up in bluetooth screen. Factory reset by holding power and plus button. Still does not work. Speaker is not on paired list in any device.

Reactions: njvm

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
turn on the Onyx Studio 7. Next, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone and the speaker turns itself off. Turn it on again. Then try pairing via bluetooth.

SkinnyMoose

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2022
turn on the Onyx Studio 7. Next, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone and the speaker turns itself off. Turn it on again. Then try pairing via bluetooth.
Already done before you typed that. Good Luck.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Sound like an issue for Harmon Kardon support since doesn't work anywhere.

SkinnyMoose

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2022
I fixed it by using the correct buttons to factory reset. I accidentally had used the wrong buttons, it blink and made noises, so I thought it was a factory reset, it wasn't a pairing mode either, that is a 3rd set of buttons and noises.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.