Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcwilson

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2005
This happens in iOS 9 and my Mazda, even when Pandora was not the last audio app I used!

Last night on my commute home, I was using Pandora and switched to my iTunes library. Before turning my car off, I switched to FM radio so the car isn't searching for BT audio when I start it.

When I started the car this morning and fired up Bluetooth, the lock screen showed a song which was not the last played in my library. ***** Pandora. I love the ability to customize the stations, but this aggravation just isn't worth it.

mrwhiskers71

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2016
I also have this problem and its a massive pain, because i can no longer access my music via bluetooth once it has happened. So now for all intents and purposes i have no more music library.

JerryWilliams

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2017
I see what your saying. I was thinking....and I may be confusing it with the "video's" settings....there was a setting to 'start from where you left off' or 'from the beginning'. (I did check the settings on my phone and I think that is the case....me confusing the two)

Hmm that is interesting. Well hope you are able to find a solution. ;)

Soooo, the same crap here too, I work with the general stupid public and whenever I take or make a call, as soon as I'm done and hang up, my Bluetooth starts Jamming away... the only fix so far that I have found is to sign completely out of Pandora every time I'm done listening. Somehow it still pops up on my lock screen, but atleast it doesn't play..

LisaMarie1968

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2017
I am an avid Pandora listener. I listen to it in my car through Bluetooth all the time, I have for years. Starting with iOS 7, Pandora will just start playing once my phone automatically connects to my car's bluetooth. Now that's normal and how it also was in prior versions of iOS, but with iOS 7 Pandora will start playing even if the app isn't open on my phone. Even stranger, it seems to happen randomly. It seems like 2/3 of the time when I start my car, my phone will connect and begin playing Pandora. When it does this, I open up multi-tasking and can verify that Pandora doesn't show up as a running task. If I open up one of those battery apps to see which apps are open and using battery, Pandora shows up there. I thought maybe this was some part of the background refresh thing, but it's not. When I go under the background refresh settings on my phone, Pandora is not an app that's listed as using the feature.

I've Googled this extensively and cannot find anything about it. Is anyone else out there experiencing this, and if so any idea how to make it stop?

Thanks.

Yes I'm having this problems as well. Not only does it do it in my car, but it connects to my sound bar when I come home. It freaked me out as I put my key in the lock I started hearing music inside the house. I live alone.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I've just had this happen to me. Last couple of days. I had no idea what app was misbehaving until I cleared out the cellar usage data. It showed Pandora. I had forgotten I even had Pandora as I had buried it in a folder.

I might turn off cellular for Pandora and be done with it.

jpharps

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2017
Happening to me on an iphone 6s with IOS 10.2.1. Went to a meeting it it merrily played away for about 4 hours (without my knowledge) till the phone ran flat. Fairly annoying. Solution - deleted pandora. Need a phone more than I need a music player.

caw6835

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2017
I am an avid Pandora listener. I listen to it in my car through Bluetooth all the time, I have for years. Starting with iOS 7, Pandora will just start playing once my phone automatically connects to my car's bluetooth. Now that's normal and how it also was in prior versions of iOS, but with iOS 7 Pandora will start playing even if the app isn't open on my phone. Even stranger, it seems to happen randomly. It seems like 2/3 of the time when I start my car, my phone will connect and begin playing Pandora. When it does this, I open up multi-tasking and can verify that Pandora doesn't show up as a running task. If I open up one of those battery apps to see which apps are open and using battery, Pandora shows up there. I thought maybe this was some part of the background refresh thing, but it's not. When I go under the background refresh settings on my phone, Pandora is not an app that's listed as using the feature.

I've Googled this extensively and cannot find anything about it. Is anyone else out there experiencing this, and if so any idea how to make it stop?

Thanks.
[doublepost=1490388583][/doublepost]I also am an avid pandora listener, I will not even have the app open on my phone, and I will be driving in my car and pandora will randomly turn on. it is crazy, sometimes when driving forward and even when backing up when nothing should turn on. I have had it to the dealer 2 times,they can not find anything wrong with the radio, but Pandora will just randomly turn on and off. HELP

squawkbert

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2017
So I emailed Pandora (twice) and told them how long ago this came up per this thread and that it's high time they fix it...
My only solutions are to either axe Pandora or axe the phone from my car's list of bluetooth devices.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
So I emailed Pandora (twice) and told them how long ago this came up per this thread and that it's high time they fix it...
My only solutions are to either axe Pandora or axe the phone from my car's list of bluetooth devices.
There is a third option. Go into Settings>Celluar and scroll down to Pandora. Uncheck the box so that Pandora can't use Celluar data. That way, if you use Pandora at home (presumably via wifi), you're set.

squawkbert

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2017
which is great, until the wife drives off in the bluetooth car, activating pandora on my phone in the house... I unpaired the phone from the car for now.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
which is great, until the wife drives off in the bluetooth car, activating pandora on my phone in the house... I unpaired the phone from the car for now.
Not picking a fight, but I'm confused. For me, anyways, as soon as I turn off the car, my phone unpairs from it. If I'm at home, and Pandora turns on in the background, maybe because I left a bluetooth speaker on, it'll use wifi. I personally don't care about using wifi unnecessarily (but YMMV).

For me, I like having my phone pair to my car's bluetooth system. I can take calls and texts, listen to itunes, see my battery and signal strength and other neat stuff. Unpairing the phone from my car would seem to be the nuclear option.

I'm curious as to the specifics of your situation as it's interesting to see how other folks gear behaves for them.

EDIT - also forgot to mention. When I'm on wifi, Pandora never self activates. Only when connected via Bluetooth in my car. Has not happened on any BT speaker I have at home.

squawkbert

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2017
Not picking a fight, but I'm confused. For me, anyways, as soon as I turn off the car, my phone unpairs from it. If I'm at home, and Pandora turns on in the background, maybe because I left a bluetooth speaker on, it'll use wifi. I personally don't care about using wifi unnecessarily (but YMMV).

For me, I like having my phone pair to my car's bluetooth system. I can take calls and texts, listen to itunes, see my battery and signal strength and other neat stuff. Unpairing the phone from my car would seem to be the nuclear option.

I'm curious as to the specifics of your situation as it's interesting to see how other folks gear behaves for them.

EDIT - also forgot to mention. When I'm on wifi, Pandora never self activates. Only when connected via Bluetooth in my car. Has not happened on any BT speaker I have at home.

Unpairing seems to be the only way to keep Pandora from starting up whenever the car is turned on (and I'm near it w/ WiFi). I would consider removing the app to be more nuclear.

It annoys me no end to hear my phone competing w/ whatever else is *supposed* to be making noise and this is compounded by my having to open the app in order to shut it off. As my wife is the main driver of the car and she is not a Pandora user, it's not a big deal to have my phone unpaired in the car. If my phone rings, I'll toss it to her if I'm driving.

If this is a Pandora bug, it's about time they fix it - I mean *really* - who want apps that go rogue? I like Pandora, but this is clearly beyond the scope of "undocumented features".

Not taking your post as picking a fight - I appreciate the input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.