Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Short story...I have a BOACC CC which I use for purchases via Amazon, to gain points...Why not? It's paid off in full every month. EXCEPT....This month my payment day..(Today) falls on a Bank Holiday in the UK..I phoned them last week and they assured me that the payment due would be taken...It hasn't.

They are closed, and although I have emailed them, I've got a feeling the are about to screw me with late payment charges....I'ts too late to make a direct payment. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
I wouldn't worry, we had a bank holiday on Friday too. If it isn't removed tomorrow (as the next banking day), then maybe call again but it's their issue not yours. It's just an automated system.

The direct debit payments always move around at weekends and holidays. It's never been an issue for me.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I wouldn't worry, we had a bank holiday on Friday too. If it isn't removed tomorrow (as the next banking day), then maybe call again but it's their issue not yours. It's just an automated system.

The direct debit payments always move around at weekends and holidays. It's never been an issue for me.

Thanks for that...I thought that too.....the email covers me as well...I usually manage my AMEX stuff manually but if they try it on..I will just pay the balance and they can foxtrot! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.