Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ketanco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
To bring back a deleted whatsapp chat, I know that we must uninstall and reinstall whatsapp, but is that enough? Or, the backup on icloud must also be performed before deleting the chat? So if the chat gets deleted before performing backup there is certainly no way to bring that chat to its latest stage? but it can only be recovered upto the date of the backup on icloud?

Also how often do whatsapp chats get backed up on iphone automatically?

Note: Again, i am talking about deleting a chat in its entirety here. NOT deleting messages in a chat.

Note: I chose IOS13 in question category but not sure which version. Assume it is latest IOS version or close to it, as it is an actively used phone

Last edited:

williamosmith

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2021
WhatsApp automatically backups our chats daily but this backup is local meaning it is not on iCloud. If you are taking about backup on iCloud then that depends on your personalized settings. If you have set it to backup daily then it will back up daily mostly after midnight. Hope this answers your second question. I am not sure about the Recovery thing so I can't say anything about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.