Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
My iPhone4s is running 6.1.3 and jailbroken. Is there is a procedure to update to IOS9 but if I don't like it, to UNDO?

Macinoah

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2016
You can use a program called Beehind to downgrade your device. But you have to install OpenSSH in Cydia first before you downgrade with this tool.

Heres a link to the software. A video tutorial is provided with this link:

http://geeksn0w.it/Beehind/

NOTE: This tool is Windows only. This software is fairly new, so an update for a Mac version may be released soon.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
You can use a program called Beehind to downgrade your device. But you have to install OpenSSH in Cydia first before you downgrade with this tool.

Heres a link to the software. A video tutorial is provided with this link:

http://geeksn0w.it/Beehind/

NOTE: This tool is Windows only. This software is fairly new, so an update for a Mac version may be released soon.
This will not work.

There is no 32-bit jailbreak for iOS 9.3, therefore OpenSSH cannot be installed. Updating to iOS 9 means you are stuck there until further notice.

Macinoah

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2016
Thank you for reminding me. This method will only work if you have iOS 9.0-9.0.2 or 8.4 installed.
I recommend you wait until Pangu releases an update to the jailbreak tool to support 32 bit devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: SuperKerem

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
No worries, I waited a few days.

Apple=the Bork of smart phones. Resistance is Futile. :(

Reactions: Macinoah

BTTF_DeLorean

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2016
My iPhone4s is running 6.1.3 and jailbroken. Is there is a procedure to update to IOS9 but if I don't like it, to UNDO?

Apple signs iOS 6 for the iPhone 4s now, so you can simply downgrade using the iOS 6 ipsw and restore with iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.