Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boredandlonely

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I am trying to track down whatever keeps stopping playback from my iPhone in my car.

When I plug in the iPhone it will automatically start playing my previous audio source (perfect!), but then it cuts out after about 1-2 seconds. I have to restart the audio on iPhone myself. I swear this never happened on earlier iPhones but I’m not sure when it actually started.

* I have a 2007 Honda that came with an audio input AUX port, and I’m using the original radio.
* I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max on latest iOS.
* I connect it to a USB-C Y-splitter (to USB-C Power & to AUX) which has a patch cable each to the AUX port, and to a car charger in the cigarette lighter.

-It happens the same if I plug in before or after starting the car.
-It happens the same if I removed power from the splitter beforehand
-If I switch to Apple USB-C to headphone adapter (just test), the audio will not [re]start playing at all. If/when prompted, I select “other device”. I can’t test selecting “headphones” until the prompt decides to reappear.

I do deliveries for extra cash so I’m constantly driving and constantly on the phone. The cabled setup works well for me to keep charged and use phone audio on my car system. It’s just this one annoyance…

I’m not looking to replace the head unit or switch to Bluetooth as the “fix”.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.