Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I ordered on 09.14 and no communication so far. Sent email to support yesterday and waiting for reply .

I will have my phone today but without case . Not pleased with caudabe this year
I am in the same boat as you. Crickets on the emails I sent them for some kind of status update. Especially since others who ordered after us already got there orders.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
I am in the same boat as you. Crickets on the emails I sent them for some kind of status update. Especially since others who ordered after us already got there orders.

Yeah, that's odd. I already got two separate orders in from them. Maybe it has something to do with where you're located or the color you got?

On another note, I got my phone today too. Absolutely loving the color of the phone. Also feels noticeably lighter this year. The Sheath and Synthesis both fit like a glove as always. Fit and finish on both cases is perfect. I'm liking the cutout for the action button too, even though I'll get the button version as well once it's available. The cutout is pretty sizable so I have no problem accessing the action button.

IceOnFire

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
I ordered the same for my blue titanium. I also requested the black version as my complimentary action button version when it is released.
I received an email yesterday with a code to redeem a complimentary case when it is released (early Oct?), but no eta on my current order (case is back ordered to 9/27).

ElisabethE

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
Considering picking up a Sheath for my 15 Pro. However, I usually only use a case when out and about, and use it caseless at home. Is the Sheath easy to get on and off the phone? I’m a bit worried, perhaps unnecessarily, if the case is removed and put back on every day..

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
Just received the sheath and synthesis personally the synthesis is not the same quality as the sheath and looks a bit rushed imo

Reactions: MM301

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Anyone have an exact date when the button versions will be available? 9/27?

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
if you purchase now a Sheath and want the second/free one with action button added, can you opt for the Synthesis. Or vice-versa? I dont like the idea to have 2 identical cases 😬

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
if you purchase now a Sheath and want the second/free one with action button added, can you opt for the Synthesis. Or vice-versa? I dont like the idea to have 2 identical cases 😬
I doubt it. The point of getting a revised case is to get the one you bought, not to pick whatever you want from their lineup.

Reactions: kvlq

b17

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2022
I bought the blue sheath and got a code for free grey sheath, its worth to ask

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
i'm from the west coast of USA. how long does it take for caudabe to ship? (from time of order to delivery)

i really want to get the updated one with the action button, but i'll be traveling in the middle of october, so i doubt i'll get it by then.

b17

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2022
IMG_4803.jpeg

So as soon as you received it did you just reach out and request it….hows it work?
As soon as i ordered i have sent them an email with my order number and asked if i could get another color for the 2nd case and this is what i got.

ro5

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2023
hi all,

i'm looking into the caudabe sheath this year and had a couple of questions for those who already have it (preferably the iphone 15 pro versions, put past years' versions are ok too):

1. the website doesn't list any detailed specifications on the front glass and camera bump lip dimensions (or any dimensions for that matter). from the photos it looks like the lips are very thin - almost too thin. how has the case performed protecting the front glass and lenses?

2. how strong is the magsafe magnet? i am looking for a really strong magsafe magnet.

thanks!

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
So as soon as you received it did you just reach out and request it….hows it work?

I also bought the Sheath and emailed them once I received the order confirmation. Here is the reply the rep sent me:

Hey ___!

We cannot wait for you to receive your order! You're going to absolutely love both the cutout and button cover versions. To take advantage of the complimentary button cover version of the Sheath in Celestial Blue for the iPhone 15 Pro Max, use code "___" at checkout once the button cover version is available. The code applies a one-time, 100% discount to the product, and it expires December 31, 2023. All you need to do is pay shipping, and you can choose between standard or expedited options.

Please note the following:
1. You must use the same email that was used to place your original order, otherwise the discount code won't work.
2. The discount code applies only to the color referenced above. If you'd like a different color, please reply to this email and let us know now.
3. The complimentary button cover version is not eligible for our returns and exchange policy.

We're here if you have any questions!

EDIT: oops, didn't see b17's post above.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
hi all,

i'm looking into the caudabe sheath this year and had a couple of questions for those who already have it (preferably the iphone 15 pro versions, put past years' versions are ok too):

1. the website doesn't list any detailed specifications on the front glass and camera bump lip dimensions (or any dimensions for that matter). from the photos it looks like the lips are very thin - almost too thin. how has the case performed protecting the front glass and lenses?

2. how strong is the magsafe magnet? i am looking for a really strong magsafe magnet.

thanks!
14 pro here, case is perfect no issues, magsafe is excellent better than apples and the mous limited I have.

Reactions: ro5

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Shipping to Australia takes 2-3 weeks and won't be cheap for the 2nd case. should be free.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
How are the Sheath and Synthesis in terms of drop protection? That’s my main concern with them.

Everything else with seems good from what I have read.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
How are the Sheath and Synthesis in terms of drop protection? That’s my main concern with them.

Everything else with seems good from what I have read.
Pretty good. I'm pretty clumsy and have dropped my phone many times. Not on anything serious like concrete, but plenty of times on my hardwood floor and it's been fine.

Still my number one case. I am just ready for the version with the action button. It's not too difficult to press currently but I'd prefer it covered, not a cutout. Also, I wish they offered some other colors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.