Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaramelSky

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
Curious about the sheath. Been using apple silicone cases for years but now have an Andar Aspen in navy on order, and am considering a caudabe sheath in celestial blue.

I have the blue 15 Pro, did anyone have a pic of this combo?

Also wanted to see why you guys might recommend this case. I can’t get around what the texture is, looks like a rough, hard plastic but have heard people say its quite soft and rubbery?

I live in Australia so have to bare the brunt of shipping + costly returns if I don’t end up liking it hence me asking.

Thanks heaps!

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Gonna resurrect this but thought I’d answer since nobody did. Like you, I could not find any proper descriptions of how the case feels…so I bought one myself to find out.

Before I got it, I was expecting it to feel maybe like a basketball. Or a rubber tire. Or the grip on a camera. Nope. Now I know why it’s so hard to describe. It doesn’t really feel like any other case out there.

The case…feels like a band-aid I’d say. It’s TPU with a crusty coating layer on top of it. The case is flexible by itself, but feels very rigid with the phone in it.

Not much front lip protection with a screen protector on, about the same as the Apple silicone case. Rear camera bump is just enough to protect the camera. The added bonus of this is it sits comparatively flatter than most other cases I’ve tested, which is a big plus. Cutout on the charging port is HUGE. Should fit most cables. Buttons are clicky enough, but just a bit less satisfying than proper metal buttons.

Overall, it’s a very minimal stylish case and looks much better in person than photos. I’ve think I’ve found a keeper.

Reactions: walds11

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
The Blue Sheath with the Blue iPhone is beautiful. Can't go wrong with that. I'd say the texture is more on the soft and rubbery side with grit, if that makes any sense. Pretty unique and grippy enough. Other than that, I echo what @wolfboy said. It looks great and fits great. That's why it's my daily driver. I usually just get a Sheath each year and call it a day.

Reactions: AE14

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I get why there’s a small cult around it now. They’ve gained a new fan cause I’m definitely getting it again for my next phone. It fits the phone like a glove, almost feels like I’m not using a case.

Kind of makes me regret chasing a leather case for so long. I guess this whole time I just wanted a slim gray case that felt premium. The photos online really don't do it justice and makes it look kind of cheap. In reality, this rivals the leather cases and I'd argue feels more premium (mainly due to the texture and fit), despite being plastic. It also has the added bonus of being very resilient to any scratches or daily wear.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.