Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
When I search on my iPhone and for example start typing “CH” in spotlight, ChatGPT Shortcuts show up in there and I don’t want these to be suggested to me, How do I turn off shortcut/shortcut suggestions from showing up in spotlight?

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 67

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Find these shortcuts in the Shortcuts app, tap the ellipses (...), and uncheck "Suggest in Search".

Another option is Settings -> Siri & Search -> ChatGPT -> toggle off "Show Content in Search".

Reactions: Benz63amg

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Find these shortcuts in the Shortcuts app, tap the ellipses (...), and uncheck "Suggest in Search".

Another option is Settings -> Siri & Search -> ChatGPT -> toggle off "Show Content in Search".
Thank you! By the way, as far as “Learn from this app” goes which is something that’s available for each installed app on the iPhone. Did you disable that for any of the apps? Does having it enabled for all apps affect battery life in any way?

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Thank you! By the way, as far as “Learn from this app” goes which is something that’s available for each installed app on the iPhone. Did you disable that for any of the apps? Does having it enabled for all apps affect battery life in any way?
I've left everything on their default settings. I did toggle everything off for a few apps though. I haven't noticed any change in battery life, but a few apps probably wouldn't have a significant impact if it did.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I've left everything on their default settings. I did toggle everything off for a few apps though. I haven't noticed any change in battery life, but a few apps probably wouldn't have a significant impact if it did.
I have another question, I see Siri suggestions from the Amazon app like “Buy Again” in spotlight when I search for something completely unrelated, how is Amazon able to show up in spotlight search when I have it fully unchecked (All toggles off) in the Siri spotlight search settings page. I don’t see Amazon in the shortcuts app either so have no specific shortcuts to turn off for Amazon to prevent it from showing up in spotlight search.

I also see suggestions from the google drive app in spotlight which I don’t want to see, I have it fully toggled off yet it still shows up in spotlight search

Last edited:

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I have another question, I see Siri suggestions from the Amazon app like “Buy Again” in spotlight when I search for something completely unrelated, how is Amazon able to show up in spotlight search when I have it fully unchecked (All toggles off) in the Siri spotlight search settings page. I don’t see Amazon in the shortcuts app either so have no specific shortcuts to turn off for Amazon to prevent it from showing up in spotlight search.

I also see suggestions from the google drive app in spotlight which I don’t want to see, I have it fully toggled off yet it still shows up in spotlight search
Have you restarted your phone since toggling these off? I had to do that the last time I was messing with these settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.