Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

34 Volt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
LA
Sorry for the rant, but Citizens is a hot mess. I don't know where else to vent my frustration.

I'm trying to get my account created with Citizens One to get a statement that I need for my home loan application process, and boy oh boy do they not care. I've called them multiple times and ask, begged them, to get my account working. All that it does once I get to the verify my identity part, it pops up an error saying "We are experiencing some issues at this time. Please try again later." It's been like this for over a week. I did all the tech remedies (use Chrome, clear cookies, cache, etc.). When I called and told them what was going on, all they told me was they'll have a supervisor call me, which don't think that's true. It's been over a week and nothing.

I asked for at least for a billing statement through email, and they seem to not get that right. My loan officer won't accept anything else. They sent me a balance letter, and I asked if they could at least certify it with a signature from someone there, and they do not do that. Welp.

I'm very close to just paying off the rest of the $1k on my iPhone and be done with this and never doing the program again, because this is frustrating. I really hope Apple is considering switching their iUP to another bank eventually because Citizens sucks. I've never dealt with such incompetence from a bank like this ever.

Has anyone else had any similar issues or know any other way to get their account working? I'm at my wits end. Thanks. Rant over.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Wow, very sorry to hear that! I’ve not experienced that exact issue, but I’ve been disappointed with their customer service to say the least. Their website feels like a high school coding project. For Apple to use them is such a colossal mismatch. I wish you the best of luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.