Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FMRWin10Boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
Hello, does anyone know if cmd + tab on the new iPadOS 16 shows all the open apps like MacOS does or just a few like previous versions of iPadOS? I really hope Apple fixes this.

Sorryimlate

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2022
London, UK
Seems to show about 6-9 apps at most unfortunately. Its still quite broken due to the beta though because it seems to only show the apps I have opened on the ipad screen itself rather than the ones I have open on the external monitor with Stage Manager.

FMRWin10Boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
Seems to show about 6-9 apps at most unfortunately. Its still quite broken due to the beta though because it seems to only show the apps I have opened on the ipad screen itself rather than the ones I have open on the external monitor with Stage Manager.
Thanks for letting me know. That’s disappointing to hear. I was hoping Apple would address this. Honestly, I could probably do 70-80% of my job on an iPad if they fixed this issue. I rely heavily on cmd + tab for switching between apps.

Reactions: Sorryimlate
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.