Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
Cupertino CA
Cunnig

i just downloaded it, and I love the brushed metal look. I think the entire iApps should go this way (I know most have) but so should the other utilites (CPU Monitor, SYS Prefs, etc...)

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I think that this is very cool. All of the speed of Chimera, but now it looks better! I also dig the Green squid icon thing. If I every get an avatar, he might be it!

P-Worm

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
thanks, i thought that would work but
the check box doesnt stay checked. it unchecks
itself. even though i ran the flash 6 installer.

brogers

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2002
Greensboro, NC
Nice, but can anyone else get the Plug in box to stay checked. If no Flash, no can use. Also, with certain pages when you grab the scroll bar and pull it, the whole window moves. Sure do like the GUI though.

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I had the same icon (the green sea monster thing) as my HD icon, so I had to change it to a picture of the world. It looks to much like OmniWeb's icon though.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
Here you go...I love this browser. I'ts FAST.
I hope chimera will let us keep this interface.
One thing though...flash OR quick time won't
work.

Picture%201.jpg

brogers

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2002
Greensboro, NC
Originally posted by beatle888
Here you go...I love this browser. I'ts FAST.
I hope chimera will let us keep this interface.
One thing though...flash OR quick time won't
work.

Picture%201.jpg

I have QT....at least the movie trailers at the Apple site work just fine. You are right about Flash though.

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I looked at a bunch of the quicktime movie trailers in Cunning yesterday and it worked perfectly. Maybe you should reinstall it, you might have gotten an older version or something...

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
Originally posted by scem0
I looked at a bunch of the quicktime movie trailers in Cunning yesterday and it worked perfectly. Maybe you should reinstall it, you might have gotten an older version or something...

I'll give it a shot...what about flash content?
Have you had any luck? I tried enabeling the
"enable plugins" preference but Cunning seems
to uncheck it.

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
Originally posted by beatle888
I tried enabeling the "enable plugins" preference but Cunning seems to uncheck it.
Cunning is just a changed build of Chimera. From the Chimera mailing list you can know that this pref checkbox is there, but un-implemented :)

So just wait and things will get solved. It is still a beta version...

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
Yea, i figured that it was just not implemented
yet. I really like their browser. I hope they keep
the speed.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
OK... I'm using it now. So far, so good. Seems to render pages just as fast as plain old Chimera and I like the new look*

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I have switched back to regular old Chimera. There is really no reason to use Cunning. Sure it looks good, but Chimera looks good too, and it doesn't have all the small errors that Cunning has. I still think cunning is really cool though.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
After a couple days i have decided to officially switch to Cunning until i find some reason its not as good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.