Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I have been using a Dario Glucometer on my iPhone for over 6 years. I recently purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Max. The old Glucometers has a lightning connection. In case you're not familiar with this, the meter plugs into the phone and you test your blood sugars (using a test strip inserted into meter). It puts your sugar numbers directly into the Dario app. Great system. Problem is iphone 15 has a type C connector. Dario has been promising since October that they will have a meter with Type C connector for the new phones. I've seen at least 6 articles in the news where Dario CEO brags about having the new meter for iPhone 15 but can not find anywhere that it is available for purchase. Their customer service gives the old "It's coming soon" answer. Is there anyone on this forum that uses this meter and can give me any info on the release date for the new meter????

bigtuna1

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
Seal Beach
I have been using a Dario Glucometer on my iPhone for over 6 years. I recently purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Max. The old Glucometers has a lightning connection. In case you're not familiar with this, the meter plugs into the phone and you test your blood sugars (using a test strip inserted into meter). It puts your sugar numbers directly into the Dario app. Great system. Problem is iphone 15 has a type C connector. Dario has been promising since October that they will have a meter with Type C connector for the new phones. I've seen at least 6 articles in the news where Dario CEO brags about having the new meter for iPhone 15 but can not find anywhere that it is available for purchase. Their customer service gives the old "It's coming soon" answer. Is there anyone on this forum that uses this meter and can give me any info on the release date for the new meter????
Yes, I called them 3 times and they said “coming soon” Very poor service for a medical device company? Last week they told me USB-C version would be available January 5 but still nothing? Confirm they did press release in October touting how they were all over new iPhone 15. What a crock! I give them a double C R A P rating!

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I’m glad to know I’m not the only one having problems with them. I don’t mean I’m glad you’re having problems. I was starting to think I was the only one. They truly have the worst customer service ever for any company. They’ve been giving me the same B.S. about next week, next week. Their CEO Rick Anderson was quoted by several magazines back in October about Dario excited to have device for new iPhone. I’m lucky to be a veteran. The VA provides me with a meter, strips etc for free but there are many Dario users not so lucky. I guess they had to pay out of pocket for all new stuff. Dario already had a TypeC connector for Android. How hard is it to take that and adapt the iOS system to it. They have the iOS already with lightning connector. One person told me it needed FDA approval. WTF???? It’s been in use for years. I love the system, hate the company. I tried to get in contact with Anderson but no luck. I have a lot of money invested in Dario system (Meter, strips, lancets). Makes me crazy

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012

Do the ones with USB C on their website not work?

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
They have 2 meters. One is the lightning connector for IOS. The other is Type C but only works on Android devices.
I said earlier that the VA provides me with a meter, strips, lancets etc but it is not Dario. It is ACCU-CHEK.

Reactions: Lobwedgephil

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
FINALLY!!! After way too long a delay, Dario has offered the TypeC for iPhone Glucometer for sale. I ordered and received mine this week. It works extremely well as did the meter with lightning connection. Dario offers a great product for diabetes management but their customer support SUCKS. The iPhone 15 hiT the market near the end of ep 2023. Dario is no startup company. They have been in business for around 10 years. I find it hard to believe they could not have produced a glucometer with TypeC for iPhone (They already had TypeC for Android) before iPhone launch. That is history and I have my new meter so enough said.

Reactions: Lobwedgephil
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.