Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hrl

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Hi guys,

I really need a bit of help here.

I have a VPN profile that I cannot delete. The profile does not show up on settings - general - profile. There are VPN configs on the settings menu that only say 'connect on demand'. There is no delete button as found on other VPN configs.

Is there any way to delete these without restoring without stored backup?

I have searched the configs by using iExplorer but couldn't find them.

Thanks,

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Did you go to Settings --> General --> VPN --> Choose a Configuration and press the blue arrow next to the profile and then scroll to the bottom of the page and press delete?

hrl

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Can you post a screen shot?

Sure, here it is:

9225387460_32d3819ff6_b.jpg

----------

That's not the built-in VPN for iOS then is it?

I'm a bit confused. Perhaps I should have explained what happened here.

I tried to install new Cloak VPN profile on my iPad Mini. During the install, the progress seemed to stop for 30 minutes. I didn't even look at it for about 30 minutes because I thought the install would just go through without issues. When I finally looked at it, the new profile is no where to be found (settings-general-profile). There used to be an old Cloak profile. But there are those VPN configs that I cannot delete.

edit:

I have tried to reinstall but the install fails everytime.
I have tried to restore with the most recent backup (which was after I got the problem, the previous backups were weeks old, I guess lesson learnt, should have backup-ed daily)
Restoring it with old backups seem to work but I have too many new data.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.