Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquidizer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is known about or not, I've certainly not heard anything about it, but I found a way to get two keyboards up on the screen at once on my iPad 3, iOS 6.1.3.

1- Ensure you have a folder in the dock, and make sure that orientation lock is off

2- Put your iPad in portrait mode

3- Go to the spotlight search page, and drag your keyboard up so that it is still on screen but not covering the dock

4- Hold your finger down on the folder in the dock and do not let go. Rotate your iPad into landscape mode, and then let go. The iPad should flick to the home screen, open the folder and leave the keyboard on the screen. The keyboard doesn't type anywhere and remains in all apps. To fix, go back to spotlight and open the folder in the dock in landscape mode.

It's a very strange glitch and kinda fun to mess around with (or maybe that's just me...). As I said, sorry if this is already known about, I just thought I'd share it with you guys.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
That's kind of weird.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 433
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.