Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Do you think iOS 9 will support split screen apps for the iPad Air 2?

Or will Apple just keep this feature for the iPad Pro?

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Do you think iOS 9 will support split screen apps for the iPad Air 2?

Or will Apple just keep this feature for the iPad Pro?
I pretty sure it will. In fact, that's probably why they included the 2GB of RAM and the third core in the A8X chip. I wouldn't guarantee that feature for any other iPad, only for the ones released this year.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Yeah the Air 2 has so much power to spare that I want to see something that really takes advantage of the horse power.

lchlch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2015
I don't think so. Because developers would have to develop 2 different ui for the iPad.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
I don't think so. Because developers would have to develop 2 different ui for the iPad.

Not true. Most apps shipping currently are universal. How hard would it be to use the iPhone version that's bundled with the iPad version. And the iPad mini is able to take a regular iPad app and shrink it down why couldn't the big iPad just shrink two apps down?

lchlch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2015
Not true. Most apps shipping currently are universal. How hard would it be to use the iPhone version that's bundled with the iPad version. And the iPad mini is able to take a regular iPad app and shrink it down why couldn't the big iPad just shrink two apps down?

What would happen if the iPhone app has a completely different interface when compared to the iPad app?

What would happen if an iPhone app is not bundled?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
What would happen if the iPhone app has a completely different interface when compared to the iPad app?

What would happen if an iPhone app is not bundled?

there are already apps that arent universal and have to be downloaded seperatly for both devices

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.