Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCAD92

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2024
I actually miss everything about the older iMacs. It was just a perfect look to me. I really hate that angular stand and white bezels on the new ones... and those Froot Loop colors!

• Love
Reactions: shadowboi

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
I actually miss everything about the older iMacs. It was just a perfect look to me. I really hate that angular stand and white bezels on the new ones... and those Froot Loop colors!
I miss those too
IMG_6443.jpeg

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
1715374251343.jpeg

Mine is late 2012 btw. Although it has dead HDD inside, magic keyboard and mouse stopped working with batteries for some reason (technically they work but drain batteries in less than a week, not really sustainable since I don’t have rechargeable ones) I still use it to occasionally play games via Parallels. Great machine and very good screen – I can use it for many hours without strain.

So I do agree it was awesome design. Classic silver aluminum will never die. They can paint it, remove logos but this will always be awesome imo.

I was thinking about getting new iMac but honestly I will probably just wait until they redesign it again. Rn Macbook Air M1 is my daily modern driver that works with all new apps, while this iMac is now a media center and retrogaming station

cjsuk

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2024
I disliked the logo being in your face all the time. I remember buying it. I don't need to be reminded where I bought it from all the time :). Fine on the back!

Not fan of the chin either. I think the Studio Display gets the Apple design aesthetic right, which is cool minimalism at this point. I'd like to see an iMac based around this design but I'm not sure it'd work that well without the chin due to the display height versus size.
studio-display-og-202203

Actually the worst one I had was the first Intel plastic iMac. That was 80% frame with a small screen wedged in it and a massive apple logo at the bottom. Really disliked that one.

• Love

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
I disliked the logo being in your face all the time. I remember buying it. I don't need to be reminded where I bought it from all the time :). Fine on the back!

Not fan of the chin either. I think the Studio Display gets the Apple design aesthetic right, which is cool minimalism at this point. I'd like to see an iMac based around this design but I'm not sure it'd work that well without the chin due to the display height versus size.
studio-display-og-202203

Actually the worst one I had was the first Intel plastic iMac. That was 80% frame with a small screen wedged in it and a massive apple logo at the bottom. Really disliked that one.
I honestly dream about 4:3 Apple display ratio. Many creators hate this ratio but it is actually very neat for photography and design. Unfortunately no one sells “squary” displays anymore. There are 16:10 displays but those are not ideal either.

If they decide to “stretch” display into chin it would be nearly 4:3 ratio, such display would feel huge

cjsuk

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2024
I honestly dream about 4:3 Apple display ratio. Many creators hate this ratio but it is actually very neat for photography and design. Unfortunately no one sells “squary” displays anymore. There are 16:10 displays but those are not ideal either.

If they decide to “stretch” display into chin it would be nearly 4:3 ratio, such display would feel huge

I find the Studio Display's 16:9 absolutely ideal for photography. When you add the gack around the edges of Lightroom etc, the sizing is spot on for an uncropped frame.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 10.26.06.png

Incidentally I am going to crop that out to 16:9 to get rid of some of the grass.

7thMac

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2010
I have one of the newer iMacs and this is the first time I've thought about the logo. Most of the time, no-logo is a plus for me. And small bezels or chins are not a priority.

My biggest iMac issue is that the 4.5K display outperforms all of the other displays and monitors that I have. So the iMac has turned out to be something that will end up requiring multiple new purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.