Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tajt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2023
Hello, Ipad Pro gen 3. I had the beta for a few days and one morning it was completely dead, cant hard reset or charge or anything, handed it in to a service partner and they gave me a quote for at least 200$ to change battery, or maybe the whole unit.

I dont know what to do, i really think its ****ed that i should pay to try the new beta

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Sorry about your iPad, but are you a 100% sure this is indeed beta related?

There are lots of developers and public beta testers running iOS/iPadOS 17 betas right now without this issue.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
I never use the beta to avoid issues like this. Because if something breaks, I need to pay for it.

Tajt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2023
I forgot to add that i had noticed it being buggy when charging it a few times, i had to reboot for it to take charge sometimes and it became hotter than usually the last working day.

And i have read that that has been a bug for alot of people on the beta. I guess its impossible to be 100% really

Herwig Niggemann

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2023
I had a similar issue, contacted support. they could not help.
Then I took out the sim card - the iPad was back again. Maybe that could help others too.
This was beta 3 iPadOS 17

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
Not beta related. If it was beta related, you could have connected it to a computer/mac and recovered using iTunes/Finder.

Reactions: jpdunn13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.