Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teachermark01

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2020
Hi all,

I want to install catalina on my 2010 Imac (with dosdude1 latest Catalina pathcer) but everytime I try i'll get an error: 'MacOs cannot be installed on your computer. With an error: com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter.fout 49244.

It seems I cannot fix the issue, disk utility wont help me out. I erase and formatted the drive to apfs, but then it will not mount or be activated.. So I can do nothing. Also try to force it in the terminal, but also no solution.

Who of you guys knowing a good solution for this problem?

Kind regards,

Mark

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Not your question but did you see the "Known Issues" section in dosdude1's Catalina patcher page? Six out of the seven stock 2010 iMacs have a specific Radeon graphics card that dosdude1 says "Running Catalina without full graphics acceleration will result in extremely poor system performance."

This is the one that doesn't have an offending graphics card:

Teachermark01

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2020
Not your question but did you see the "Known Issues" section in dosdude1's Catalina patcher page? Six out of the seven stock 2010 iMacs have a specific Radeon graphics card that dosdude1 says "Running Catalina without full graphics acceleration will result in extremely poor system performance."

This is the one that doesn't have an offending graphics card:

Oh damn, I did not see that. :( But now I can't do anything, so trying to install it anyway and then we shall see what happens..

Many thanks for your question!

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I've found with formatting APFS volumes. They can be a bit fiddly. First I'll format the disk to MBR and ExFAT. Doesn't really matter just something totally different. Then format back to GUID/GPT (Intel) and Mac OS extended. Don't bother with APFS the installer will take care of that on SSD when you install the OS.

If it still gives trouble. Do the totally different format. Quit Disk Utility. Open Disk Utility. Then setup the way you want.

Make sure Disk Utility is set to show all disks.

Teachermark01

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2020
I've found with formatting APFS volumes. They can be a bit fiddly. First I'll format the disk to MBR and ExFAT. Doesn't really matter just something totally different. Then format back to GUID/GPT (Intel) and Mac OS extended. Don't bother with APFS the installer will take care of that on SSD when you install the OS.

If it still gives trouble. Do the totally different format. Quit Disk Utility. Open Disk Utility. Then setup the way you want.

I've tried, but then it said that it niet apfs for install catalina. Now is High Sierra on it..

doscore

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2020

APFS is the worst! lol

yeah dude find another card those and cards are junk anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.