Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lionofthesouth

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2021
Woke up this morning and Face ID no longer working. Have turned off and on, hard reset but still not working.
Can’t reset as I have stolen device thing turned on and I need Face ID to get into it. How do I sort it?
Thanks

lionofthesouth

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2021
Well, immediately after posting the above. I locked and unlocked my phone and Face ID worked!

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I have experienced similar issues on a friends device that was on 17.4.0, but seems to be fixed in 17.4.1 (at least it was fixed for her). In her case it was an app that just stopped working with FaceID.
Its seems like FaceID is slightly instable at times. Sometimes i experience a slight delay.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
i have 15 pro max and the face id sometimes stops working. usually if i'm on beta software or a really buggy "stable" release. could just be a specific app issue sometimes but i had trouble unlocking my phone from the lock screen so thats on apple.. i thought it was a hardware issue but it seems to be software.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Is the phone over the camera clean? I have had issues where it didn't work and I cleaned the area and it worked fine then

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.