Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richmond62

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2020
I have been using the Apple Feedback assistant about several things that are causing me headaches, and have yet to receive a reply about any of them. Is that because Apple really aren't interested in feedback?

Last edited:

TriBruin

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
I have been using thie Apple Feedback assistant about several things that are causing me headaches, and have yet to receive a reply about any of them. Is that because Apple really aren't interested in feedback?
Apple receives thousands upon thousands of feedbacks during the beta cycle. Some of the feedback will be responded to and a lot may ever be responded to. Don't take it personally.

I sometimes get a response when a newer beta release comes out. Usually it is a note that the issue has been fixed in the latest beta and test and confirm.

richmond62

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2020
I don't take it personally: mainly because those 2 men with the crappy hairstyles (Cook and Craig) don't know about my crappy hairstyle. ;)

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
the app exists mostly so the OS team can keep track of issues, and (undoubtedly) sort out the priorities (ie a high number of people with a similar issue).

i've also submitted hundreds of bug & issue reports; apple reaches back only if they need to (i've gotten responses about 4 times in as many years)...

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
the app exists mostly so the OS team can keep track of issues, and (undoubtedly) sort out the priorities (ie a high number of people with a similar issue).

i've also submitted hundreds of bug & issue reports; apple reaches back only if they need to (i've gotten responses about 4 times in as many years)...
The other thing that you can identify to see if they are seeing feedback, is to look at the "Recent Reports" near the top of your feedback. It shows how many other reports they have of similar events, and even sometimes I have seen "Potential Fix Identified for future macOS release"

Reactions: fisherking
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.